Is It Common That Brand New Factory Sealed Tablets Come With 0% Battery?

ReaperInThyName

Jun 15, 2019
Hi, new guy here.

I just received my Lenovo TAB P10 today. When I turned it on, nothing happened. When I plugged it in to charge it the LED indicator was blinking red and it took a while until it started charging and the battery indicator said the device was at 0% at the beginning.

How common is this? And is it something I should be worry about? Should I return the tablet?

Thank you.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
It's not common, but it also isn't going to affect the battery by being shipped at 0% charge. Lithium Ion batteries even at zero percent have sufficient charge in them to avoid the battery becoming unstable and exploding. Lenovo apparently feels it is safer to ship their tablets with the battery flat. Both TB-8504F tablets in my household were like this when brand new.

Don't worry about it and enjoy the tablet.

ReaperInThyName

Jun 15, 2019
It's not common, but it also isn't going to affect the battery by being shipped at 0% charge. Lithium Ion batteries even at zero percent have sufficient charge in them to avoid the battery becoming unstable and exploding. Lenovo apparently feels it is safer to ship their tablets with the battery flat. Both TB-8504F tablets in my household were like this when brand new.

Don't worry about it and enjoy the tablet.
Thank you. I feel much better now lol.