Is it ok to buy the Nook Color at Walmart?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Am I getting the same nook color from Walmart as I am from Barns and Noble? Walmart is closer to me than Barnes and Noble is. I heard Walmart sell refurbished items?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Well ask wal mart because if its new and the same then its fine

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
OK sounds good. There is only one version/model of Nook Color out now correct?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Looking at Walmart's site, it is new, but they are currently out of stock online...your local store might have one, but I doubt its a refurb...it hasn't really been out that long.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
OK sounds good. There is only one version/model of Nook Color out now correct?

Currently there is only one version of the NC, buying from Walmart is fine. I would just check their return policy first.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Just picked it up at my local Walmart. Its brand new. 15 day return policy. Gonna charge it, then root! I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Mac users: can some one help. I am trying to root. After thid part in terminal "The computer should say: Unmount of all volumes on disk<#> was successful" I type in "dd if=auto-nooter-2-12-15.img of=/dev/rdisk# bs=1m" and it says "dd: auto-nooter-2-12-15.img: No such file or directory". I have the auto nooter img file on my desktop and copied to sdcard

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Just picked it up at my local Walmart. Its brand new. 15 day return policy. Gonna charge it, then root! I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Congrats Stelv!!

edit: I'm a pc person, 13 yr builder so unfortunately I can't hlep you out with anything mac.

Last edited:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks! Having trouble rooting with the mac using printers sd card port, going to switch to pc. I'll get this to work!

thel8elvis

Dec 29, 2010
Mac users: can some one help. I am trying to root. After thid part in terminal "The computer should say: Unmount of all volumes on disk<#> was successful" I type in "dd if=auto-nooter-2-12-15.img of=/dev/rdisk# bs=1m" and it says "dd: auto-nooter-2-12-15.img: No such file or directory". I have the auto nooter img file on my desktop and copied to sdcard

Put the downloaded .img on the desktop. Open terminal. type (no quotes) "cd Desktop"
Now when you type in the dd comand it should work. The problem was that the OS did not know where to 'find' the input file (your downloaded.img). Since it is on the desktop, and your terminal is now working from the desktop (cd Desktop) it should now work.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Ok I am all rooted! I was using an epson printer as the card reader on my mac and it was having trouble with the sdcard. So I went to a pc with a dedicated sdcard slot, and it worked perfectly. I downloaded setcpu from the market and beautiful widgets, but they are not in my "extras", where did they go? *Edit: Nevermind, I have zeam installed now and have a real app drawer, there they are. I will have do to some more reading.

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Ok I am all rooted! I was using an epson printer as the card reader on my mac and it was having trouble with the sdcard. So I went to a pc with a dedicated sdcard slot, and it worked perfectly. I downloaded setcpu from the market and beautiful widgets, but they are not in my "extras", where did they go? *Edit: Nevermind, I have zeam installed now and have a real app drawer, there they are. I will have do to some more reading.

Nice man, glad to hear you are now rooted. Fresh installed apps require a reboot to show up in "extras", if using a launcher, they show up immediately in all apps menu.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
This thing is running like a champ! The Nook Color is a wonderful gem. Glad to join the community.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
This thing is running like a champ! The Nook Color is a wonderful gem. Glad to join the community.

Glad to hear your rooting went well. This is my first Android Device (too cheap to buy out of contract for an Android phone, because I have champagne tastes on a beer budget) and it has been a great experience.