Is it really this easy?

kittenann

Nov 9, 2011
Hi, I have been reading and researching tablets. The more I read it seems the more I get confused.

I had my mind made up that the way to go was to get a Nook Color either new or from ebay and buying maybe this â•* DROID4NOOK 8GB ULTIMATE NOOK COLOR ROOTED ANDROID TABLET BOOT KIT - SD CDROM ╣ | eBay. Is it really that easy, like they claim?

BUT, then I see that the Lenovo IdeaPad A1 is in the same price range and has offline GPS and a camera. How would the A1 compare with the rooted Nook Color?

I have never owned a tablet or ereader before. I think I would mainly use it for reading PDF's and books and browsing the internet, and probably running educational apps for my 7 yr old. Would the A1 need to be rooted to have access to the different app markets?

Thank you.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
I would not buy the kit off of Ebay if you bought a Nook. You could do it yourself in less that an hour. The only difference between the NC and IdeaPad is the camera and gps and you don't have to hack it. I think that the NC would be plenty for what you need to do.