is their a way to make a "image" with android

pettyfan45

Jan 7, 2012
Hi all I need to send my Asus trasformer prime in to get the camera fixed (I think a wire or something is loose) but is their a way to save all my setting, apps music, pics, and what not to what PC people call a "system image" I so when I wipe it to send to Asus I do not loose everything and have to spend hours trying my apps and setting to my liking and if have to root is their one I can easily undo to not totally void my warranty.

Thank you for any help,
Pettyfan45

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 (nicknamed Spartacus) using Android Tablet

pettyfan45

Jan 7, 2012
vampirefo. said:
That's what a custom recovery is for.
what is that I am an android noon

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You need to search and see if there is a ClockWork Mod Recovery option for your tablet. It can make a system image if so.

If not, it is possible that ASUS modified ICS to include a backup option. This is not likely but if they did it should be under settings and you should find information about any such option in the manual or on their website.

If neither of the above is an option you may be able to find an app in the Play store that allows you to make back ups of apps and data. These usually require root access but some may not. If so you may need to root (if possible for your tablet) to make the back up.

If none of that is an option then your last option is to move apps and data to an SD card if that is possible. There may be an option in settings to move some apps to the SD card or you might be able to use an app like Apps2SD in the Play store to move them.

If none of those work you are out of luck.

JP

pettyfan45

Jan 7, 2012
J515OP said:
You need to search and see if there is a ClockWork Mod Recovery option for your tablet. It can make a system image if so.

If not, it is possible that ASUS modified ICS to include a backup option. This is not likely but if they did it should be under settings and you should find information about any such option in the manual or on their website.

If neither of the above is an option you may be able to find an app in the Play store that allows you to make back ups of apps and data. These usually require root access but some may not. If so you may need to root (if possible for your tablet) to make the back up.

If none of that is an option then your last option is to move apps and data to an SD card if that is possible. There may be an option in settings to move some apps to the SD card or you might be able to use an app like Apps2SD in the Play store to move them.

If none of those work you are out of luck.

JP

Will clockwork void my warranty at all or is their a way around that

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Generally it will void the warranty. If CWM can be put on it can also usually be removed. Thus if you needed to use the warranty you could theoretically remove CWM and be back to stock before doing so.

pettyfan45

Jan 7, 2012
Ok I got clockwork but it says I needs it be rooted to give me superuser are their any roots that I can easily undo