Is there a car charger for the A500

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
I am going camping tomorrow and wish I had a car charger for my A500. I don't have time to order one online. I was wondering if anyone knew of one at a store.

chabela1944

Jul 1, 2011
Just picked one up at my local Walmart Superstore. Did a terrific job or charging the tab. Thank you so much for the tip as I was getting kind of frustrated with Acer and their lack of necessary accessories.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Good stuff!
I'm getting ready to upgrade the charger. (Welcome to the future, where a longer cord constitutes an upgrade) ;)

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011

K9CHP

Aug 3, 2011
One thing though, I like to hot glue the connector to the tip so that a passenger, wife, kid, etc.,will not be able to reverse the polarity and fry my tablet. The tablet may be protected against reverse polarity, but nothing I've read said so...

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

tterrabydnar

Oct 2, 2011
I just bought the Powerline Car Cord Adapter with USB power. Thsi is the 12V 2000ma with a long cord (I havent unwrapped it yet, but looks longer than 18"). Just bought it for less than $20.00.
Thanks
Randy

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Please be aware! A seller on eBay (witglobal_technology) is selling car chargers and wall chargers that are listed to work on the Acer A500. They DO NOT WORK. The seller even offered a full refund if I would return them. But the address is in China. The US post office estimates shipping as more than double what the charger sold for.