Is There A Way to Uninstall Pre-Installed Apps?

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
You could try dragging each of them from your home screen to the cross at the top, that removes the short-cut, so at least you won't see them. You could then go to settings and scroll down till you see "apps" and click on that. I assume any app will then appear. I also assume there will be an option to uninstall which will need confirming.

Given that this is the case and they are removed, it begs the question "why remove them just because you currently don't use them".

Let us know how you get on.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Islandman's advice works if you have no intention of rooting your tablet. However, if you root the tablet you can then use an app like Root Uninstaller or a file manager with root permissions to remove the bloatware you don't want.

beto_nl

Apr 18, 2013
Islandman's advice works if you have no intention of rooting your tablet. However, if you root the tablet you can then use an app like Root Uninstaller or a file manager with root permissions to remove the bloatware you don't want.

I just got my A2109 and just found this great forum.

I was searching for tutorials on how to root this device and I found this thread

I am new to the lenovo but not new to Android
If your device is not rooted you can not really remove bloatware but you can disable most of them:

Go to /settings /apps/ all(last tab) and disable all the stuff you want.
It won't save you space, but it stops unwanted apps of running on background

By the way, is there a good tutorial for rooting this device?
Thanks

Edit- Btw, once you have root access, the best app to remove bloatware is Titanium backup, imo ...

JohanNico

May 21, 2014
Solution 1: Root
The only way to remove these third-party apps would be to root your Android device and receive the Super User status.

Solution 2: Task Killers
Removing a widget: any of these which are displayed on the homescreen can be easily removed by tapping and holding the shortcut of the widget and drop it into the recycle bin.

Removing Apps: Any other application that you might want to “remove” requires the installation of a third-party app called Advanced Task Killer, which can be installed from Google Play. These types of apps will ''kill'' the process from running on your phone and auto-kill the app from starting (booting).

Once you've done this, the app will only be seen in the app drawer, however you reverse the process by going into the settings of your Task killer.

Just because you've ''killed'' the app, it will still take up storage however it won't use any resources.

If the app isn't protected, it can easily be uninstalled with an Uninstaller app.

or you may try to fix it with Android Transfer from Transfer Phone.com

Last edited: