Is there an Android 4.0.0 ?

haggishead

Jul 23, 2012
Just wondering what to do,
I have just got an Ampe A10 running Android 4.0.03 and flash player 11 ,and find that it wont work with facebbok app,or all uk tv apps or uk tv browsers to view tv online, as it says "not compatible"
so i was told you can downgrade to and 4.0.0 as tablets that are advertised as being able to get uk tv etc are advertised as being installed with v 4.0
so is there a 4.0.0 and is it easy to flash and worth my while ?

thanks for taking the time to read my post,

cheers James

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi James, the solution isn't really downgrading Android. Flash support is something that is being discontinued by Adobe for all versions of Android (and mobile devices) going forward. During the transition where you may still want to use Flash, you need to side load Flash. That means finding the .apk file and downloading it to the tablet and then finding and installing it with a file manager.

As time goes by you can expect to encounter problems with apps using Flash and there will be no updates to Flash to make them compatible with the new apps. Since Adobe is dropping Flash support they will not continue to release updates to maintain compatibility. So even if you down grade your Android version you will still encounter Flash problems as everything that is using Flash moves forward and begins to break compatibility.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I agree with JP. Downgrading to 4.0.0 will not help much at all.

Your best bet is to try some different browsers (like Firefox Beta, Dolphin Browser HD, Opera Mobile, Maxathon, Boat Browser).

They all support Flash, but not all of them.

Also, Facebook Flash games tend to not work on most android tablets, even high end quad core CPU's. Heck, Flash is not working well even on my core i7 laptop lately....

haggishead

Jul 23, 2012
firstly - thanks for taking the time to reply , its much appreciated ,

So do you think there will be a new product to replace flash player in the future then ?? and the world will move on without flash player ???

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, the new web standard HTML5 replaces Flash. Flash still has its uses and will be around for a long time to come (mostly from web designers failing to convert to HTML5 from Flash) but it is definitely not the future.

Here is a good overview article Steve Would Be Proud: How Apple Won The War Against Flash | TechCrunch

And thoughts on Flash from Steve Jobs: Thoughts on Flash

Together these explain why Flash is not the future of the internet.