Is there any way to charge my tablet without the micro USB port ?

ryan018

Jun 23, 2013
the micro USB port has came loose and came out of the tablet and now I can't charge it. is there a way to charge it using the internals wires inside some how ? I don't know which wires would need to be used or how.
This is the tablet, Maylong M270 Mobility Tablet PC Features
This is the USB is uses,
USBMini USB 2.0 x 1
What does the numbers mean there, 2.0 x 1 ?
The site says it has volume buttons but it doesn't or it just doesn't on mine. I cannot use the AC charger any way because it connects through the USB part and the square part or aluminum part that the cord enters came loose some time ago and then it just came out. I could take the back apart easily and take photos to show what it looks like if any of you wanted to see it. the USB part is on the front part of the tablet so I have to take everything out that's in the back to be able to get to it . I read about getting a new USB part to solder it on but I don't know how or have the parts. Is there any kinds of stores that would fix this kind of tablet ?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Depends on where you live, here in my home town all the malls have little shops that work on cell phones and tablets, replace broken glass, replace batteries and such, would most likely fix your usb problem as well.
Check your malls or local computer shops, if your tablet is under warranty contact the place you bought it from, for repairs or replacement.

ryan018

Jun 23, 2013
getting it repaired at a place can cost a lot of money or they just don't fix it at all. I had another tablet with a screen that broke internally for some reason of too much weight and some people wouldn't fix it because of the type of tablet it is.
How much would it be just to fix the USB port ? what kinds of places would fix it ? Radio Shack ? Apple area ? a store that cells things like Sears in the electronics area ? Sears has some kinds of tablets but not many.

ryan018

Jun 23, 2013
Depends on where you live, here in my home town all the malls have little shops that work on cell phones and tablets, replace broken glass, replace batteries and such, would most likely fix your usb problem as well.
Check your malls or local computer shops, if your tablet is under warranty contact the place you bought it from, for repairs or replacement.
Can you tell me what kinds of names of some places that will repair my model tablet USB port ? It's the Maylong Mobility MVP-270 tablet. Do some computer places fix ports on tablets ? I heard that some stores only work on ones like Apple devices or iphones.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The little shops are locally owned, not big stores like Sears, a lot of local shop here one is called Computer tech, cell & tablet repair, others are more or less push carts, even our Flea market has at least 2 cell phone repair shops.

I have never been to a city that doesn't have a small computer repair shop, I don't know what to tell you.

The computer repair guy or girl can remove the back of the tablet and determine what they are going to charge you for parts and labor, is it cheap? no around $45 for labor if part in on hand about $20 if needs to be ordered $35 then depends on what else needs to be done, my guess $100 or less.

They charge around $85 to replace a screen, that price assumes screen is on hand and no other damage is done to tablet.

ryan018

Jun 23, 2013
The little shops are locally owned, not big stores like Sears, a lot of local shop here one is called Computer tech, cell & tablet repair, others are more or less push carts, even our Flea market has at least 2 cell phone repair shops.

I have never been to a city that doesn't have a small computer repair shop, I don't know what to tell you.

The computer repair guy or girl can remove the back of the tablet and determine what they are going to charge you for parts and labor, is it cheap? no around $45 for labor if part in on hand about $20 if needs to be ordered $35 then depends on what else needs to be done, my guess $100 or less.

They charge around $85 to replace a screen, that price assumes screen is on hand and no other damage is done to tablet.
I went to one small cell phone and tablet repair place but the man couldn't repair the broken usb port. Would these two sites I found online fix it ? here are links,

Android Repair and Software Mod
It says on this one for charging port not working but I can't find anything about the site saying they replace the port.

Contact Us
This one I can't find anywhere where it shows usb port replacement or repair.

The usb port broke off and left some inside like the legs but the tablet still works until battery dies.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
They all appear to have phone numbers, You could call them and ask if they replace the usb port for your tablet, and ask what they charge for parts repair and shipping.

ryan018

Jun 23, 2013
I can't use it any more. It stopped after I tried to do some things with the wires to try charging it and now it won't start at all or show any lights. I'm done with it.

Last edited: