Issue with browsers

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I'm using a CM 7 notable bootable and for some reason the Dolphin Hd browser is very slow, I tried Skyfire and it doesn't really do the trick, the only one that put the wings on my internet browsing, is Opera. I like it so I would be set if not for one minor issue, that keep guessing. If I don't use the forum app but I go to the web page, when I try to post, the keyboard doesn't pup up. It actually pups fire the title but not for the message itself. I can live with this of course, I am IDONTKNOW but ILIKETOKNOW!
GLORIA

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Candlestick

Mar 30, 2011
I'm trying out a couple different browsers as we speak.

The fastest by far - is Opera. It's very user friendly - with windows - and bookmark management is easy and intuitive. It re-flows the texts when you tap zoom too.

Only downside - is alot of videos won't play. Some do - but most don't - particularly - Youtube hosted videos. I'm hoping they change that later on - but at the moment - it's my browser of choice b/c of the load speed of the web pages.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
pbrauer,I just tried Miren browser as you suggested, it's super slow,I believe I have some issues with myCm7 card because with the other card, same Cm7, Dolphin hd is fast and here is not. While I was looking for the Miren browser,I found one I never heard about before,the boat browser mini and it's great, really fast, very simple and clean,I like it and it works for me. @ Candlestick- As I said in my previous post,I already in stalled Opera and is fast and I love it. The problem is that when I want to post here on the forum through the web page, I tap on the title space and the keyboard appears / but whenI tap on the message space, nothing happens. Does it happen to you too?gg

Last edited:

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
Hi Gloria,

I've uninstalled all my other browsers except for the stock CM7 one and Maxthon (for tablet) which is what I use now. Maybe you could give it a try.

:)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Shutter, I was curious to try Maxthon as u r suggesting, but is not showing on the market.
Gg

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
Shutter, I was curious to try Maxthon as u r suggesting, but is not showing on the market.
Gg

Hi Gloria,

idon'tknow :eek: what's wrong but they show up fine on my market. I see both Maxthon Mobile Browser and Maxthon Mobile for 10" Tablet. The latter is what i opted for.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I downloaded your favorite browser from the internet, its not faster than the dolphin hd, but the fastest of all, is - the boat mini browser-
Try it Shatter if u get the chance and u too Peter. Thanks though for coming to my rescue !

Gloria

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
I downloaded your favorite browser from the internet, its not faster than the dolphin hd, but the fastest of all, is - the boat mini browser-
Try it Shatter if u get the chance and u too Peter. Thanks though for coming to my rescue !

Gloria

I love you Gloria! Boat mini is just perfect! Thanks a bunch!

ShutterPeep
Sent from my awesomely amazing Nook Color.

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
i tried maxthon as well and it's ok -seems smoother for playing flash video files - will not try boat mini

Maxthon is great. But somehow, I am comfortable with Boat Mini now. The way boat mini handles windows is the same way it is on an iphone which is what I'm used to at the moment. But I'll probably be switching back and forth on both. They "both" definitely seem to be smoother than Dolphin and Opera.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Maxthon is great. But somehow, I am comfortable with Boat Mini now. The way boat mini handles windows is the same way it is on an iphone which is what I'm used to at the moment. But I'll probably be switching back and forth on both. They "both" definitely seem to be smoother than Dolphin and Opera.

Correction on my post meant to say will now try boat mini

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Glad you like the boat browser, it is the fastest I tried and I like the simplicity . Shutter what are u trying to say now that you like both and you use both.... Since you like both, you are not going to tap on my thank you button after I made you discover such a great browser?
Show me the love!!!!!
Gloria

Candlestick

Mar 30, 2011
Candlestick- As I said in my previous post,I already in stalled Opera and is fast and I love it. The problem is that when I want to post here on the forum through the web page, I tap on the title space and the keyboard appears / but whenI tap on the message space, nothing happens. Does it happen to you too?gg

Yeah _ I see what you mean

I just tried to respond to this post via my NC - and it didn't work for me either.

Title = keyboard

Main Text - no keyboard

That's strange