issue with opening files

Xsaron

Aug 28, 2011
hi, I'm using the viewcomb 3.2 rom on my viewpad 10s and I'm experiencing difficulties when I'm trying to open files directly from a file browser or while surfing the net.
Normally a screen pops up to choose the app with which the file needs to be opened and the brightness of the rest of the screen is dimmed. (the title of the screen in Dutch is 'Actie voltooien met....' something like 'Complete action with...')

The thing is, most of the time the only thing that happens when I try to open a file is that the screen is dimmed but that the dialog to select an app to open with doesn't appear.
so I always have to open the app that I want to use first and browse to the desired file, but most of the apps have a really bad filebrowsing functionality.

Because somethimes after a cold start, the dialog is shown, I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what's the cause for this issue and how I can enable the dialog when it's again not working, it's really frustrating!

I already tried removing some off the apps and installing them again, one by one, but the problem keeps existing.

Xsaron

Aug 28, 2011
anyone? the settings to standard open a file with a specific app don't work either