Getting "Play Services" Working on MID8048?

missgothika

Jul 29, 2013
Hello! i'm new here, i hope i don't repeat anything.. tried searching on the site but couldn't found anything that works for me.

I've recently bought a coby 8048 and to my surprise (really, i didn't know that) it didn't come with the play store.. i almost went nuts.. thought it wasn't possible haha, how naive. Anyway, i (almost) made it work thanks to this link Android a Little Of Everything: Install Google Play on Coby Kyros MID7034, MID7036, MID 7048, MID 8048.

Now i have the newest play store working and can download pretty much everything. What i'm lacking now is the "play store" for some apps to work. I get the really lovely share id problem. So my question is.. has anyone figured that out? is there a way to changing the name/id of the framework app so as to download the other? thanks in advanced! any post is welcome!

shinta

Aug 12, 2013
Sir vampirefo, I bought a coby kyros mid8040 (not rooted) 3 weeks ago if works fine since the other day then all of a sudden I can't access my sd card when I go to gallery the error says "No Storage, No external storage available" and when I try to use the camera the error says "Insert sd card before using the camera", but the sd card is already inserted when I go to setting>storage> I can see that my sd card is mounted. I tried to factory data reset and put a check on "erase sd card" and "erase everything" an error appeared saying "sd card has been remove". but when I try to factory data reset and leave erase sd card uncheck and erase everything it reset my tablet but still have the same problem. would rooting my device will solve the problem? I don't root it because I don't have enough knowledge about rooting android devices and I'm affraid to brick my tablet. I hope u can help with my problem thank you.

missgothika

Jul 29, 2013
BUMP. I bump my post just because i'm having sort of the same problem as the previous user. Yes, i'm also the creator of the OP, yet i could not manage to get the servies working.

Please, i'm needing some help. Out of the blue my SD dissapeared fro my 8048. It used to have 4gb (it's rooted with the Vampirefo post) and now it only has 1.50GB and no external (even though i never had external.. it was all internal. What can i do?? i deleted most recent apps, tried deleting dalvik.. and nothing else.

EDIT: I tried doing the factory reset from within the OS, plus checking the SD card option, but nothing happened just a "Sd card has been removed". So i went into CMW and did a hard reset from there. Still no signs of the SD. UNTIL, y tried using the last option on the CMW (nandroid) and found out it lead to the SD i was looking for... but can't do anything. There is the Update.zip file i used in the first time.... but it doesn't let me install it.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This is a common problem with these tablets, some app is being installed that triggers the tablet to unmount the internal sdcard. There is no fix, so either use as is, send tablet to Coby for repair or sell tablet.

Sent from my Coby MID7065 Android Tablet

missgothika

Jul 29, 2013
Unbelievable, even if the app is not there anymore??.. really nothing i can try? i don't even know what triggered it... So it can happen again?

Is there any way to access it if it's under the /Nand folder in cwm as i said before? maybe changing something?

EDIT: i just added and external SD and it shows on the phone.. but if i connect it to the PC it doesn't... so i can't access that one either?

Edit 2:

This is a common problem with these tablets, some app is being installed that triggers the tablet to unmount the internal sdcard. There is no fix, so either use as is, send tablet to Coby for repair or sell tablet.

Sent from my Coby MID7065 Android Tablet

i sort of (i think i did) fix it! By using an external SD with the update.zip file (from your recovery) and installing it via buildin update. That made a strange thing.. it managed to appear two Sd cards (internal.. and external supposedly..). weird because is the same one.. they are all internal. but I AIN'T MAD.. now i can have access (finally) via pc and all my things are there. In total it says 2.85 something... but it was 4 before.. so i don't know what's missing... but it's something!! hope you read this to see if something else can be done.

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Good job. You found at least a partial solution to this common 8048 problem. You might start a thread of its own, so others who search titles can find this.