I've broken Google Market - er, how?

Badger_Lady

Sep 23, 2011
The other day I set to my Dad's rooted Coby Kyros 7022 to try and get it ready to sell. I removed the accounts.db and tidied it up, but then I set my mind to fixing Market which had never been quite right. I used the standard fix:
1. Settings - Applications - Manage Applications
2. Market - clear cache and force stop
3. google.services.framework - clear data
4. Reboot

It worked perfectly - I was able to download BBC iPlayer and we were happy.

However the next day we decided to try the ICS upgrade detailed on this thread. It failed (wouldn't fully boot) so we gave up and went back to our recovery image. But when we went back into CWM, we accidentally hit 'format SD card' and wiped out the file. So instead we had to retrieve an old recovery image from the PC and flash that.

So now we were back to an old version, which hadn't had the Market fix applied. Fine, no problem, I'll do it again. Except this time it didn't work - after reboot I just got 'server error' over and over again (I tried at least 8 times to open the app). After another reboot it's back to normal, but still not fixed.

Today I was determined to fix it. I went back to the 7022 tips thread and edited the build.prop. I mimicked the Galaxy S II and hey presto it worked! I downloaded a Skype update and installed BBC iPlayer. Very happy.

So then I just went back to accounts.db, deleted, rebooted and set up Market again under my Dad's account.

Broken. Hardly any apps showing at all and a completely blank screen under 'my apps'.

I deleted the accounds.db again, rebooted and set up Market back under my account.

Still broken.

I tried deleting all the cache / data etc, rechecking the builds.prop, changing the LCD resolution to 160, rebooting over and over again...

Still broken.

I've run out of ideas - help!

Badger_Lady

Sep 23, 2011
OK it looks like I got round it like this:

1. Settings - Applications - Manage Applications
2. Market - Clear Cache and Clear Data
3. google.services.framework - Clear Data
4. Download Manager - Clear Data

Rebooted, kept getting Server Error, rebooted again.

Fixed.

Phew!