Jelly Bean, Flash Player Problems

Lannabulls

Sep 18, 2012
Asus transformer TF300TG
Jelly bean 4.1.1

Got my tablet a couple of months ago with Ice cream Sandwich, the first app that i installed was flash player, via apk download from adobe web site
Flash Player 11.1.for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.20) This is the last update relized by Adobe.
Flash was the first app installed cause some apps installed by default asked for flash. I did install, everything was warking fine since i update to Jelly bean. Since the updater all the apps that i mentioned befor that ask for flash are still working fine except the default browser, it dont work anymore, try to open a web site with flash content, let say a video, instead of the video i see an icon. With Ice Cream default browser was working fine i could display flash contents without any problem, the problem begin sine Jelly Bean update.
I know, Jelly bean dont support flash anymore howeverm how i can read in many forum default browser works with flash without problem.
Can you give some suggetions please in order to solve the matter?
Thanks a lot!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
My default browser worked with Flash after JB so I'm not certain what might solve your problem, but you may want to consider switching rather than fighting. Dolphin Browser is great and works with Flash. It may be easier to consider a replacement.

Lannabulls

Sep 18, 2012
Thanks a lot!
Cause i read that jelly bean default browser is crome, what i would like to ask, sorry about the silly question, no experience!
I got my tablet 2 months ago, it came with Ice Cream Sandwich and as defaul browser the one with the blu icon, "planet heart" icon, i think this is the google defaul browser.
Then i installed by my self crome cause is "my preferred browser", i use it in my pcs too and i enjoy it as browser.
Therefore in my tablet 2 browsers with their icons: crome (crome icon) and the default one (blu planet heart icon)
Update to Jelly bean, crome dont works with flash cause no support it, also the default browser dont work with flash, before with Ice Cream was working fine, so the question is as told before, i read in many web site that crome is the defaul browser for Jelly Bean so what about the "planet heart" blu icon browser that i have as default? Is it the google default browser right? so why they say that crome is jelly bean default browser?

So Dolphin support flash, right? I consider to give it a try howevee i'm afraid that the problem is another, in my talbet flash shuold not work with dolphin too, as you confirm, you update to Jelly Bean, flash was already installed in your android and your default browser work fine, mine dont!
Thanks a lot, sorry about my silly question again?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Yes Dolphin supports Flash. Though the stock browser is a Google developed browser it is not the same as the downloadable Chrome Browser, which does NOT support Flash. I seriously doubt your problem has anything to do with your tablet. You might be able to solve the default browser issue by clearing it's cache and settings under settings - apps - all. Or by some other means like a hard reset or a factory reset. But like I said, switching might well be easier.

Lannabulls

Sep 18, 2012
Thanks,
i clean cache, clean system, i have an app that do that, i did cold boot, dafault browser still dont work, dont dislay flash contents.
I dont have wifi connection at home soi i can connect to internet when i go out, yesterday i did it, i check setting for default browser and crome, they are exactly the same, anyway the default browser support flash, crome dont.
I'm going to try Dolphin, i was thinking to uninstall flash and reinstall it however i read that is an operation that is better do not do with Jelly Bean.
What is strange is that, as i told before, flash is the first app that i ever installed cause some apps installed by default, the first time i connect to internet asked for flash, one of these apps is "My Library" app for ebook. Sine Jelly bewan update these apps that need flash still work fine as did before update, only the default browser since jelly bean update dont display flash content anymore.
I installed flash by apk, downloaded from Adobe web site:
11.1.115.20,this is the last update for Android relized by Adobe.
In XDA forum i read i thread "
[GUIDE] [HOW-TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean"
that mentions a new flash update with number:
11.1-111115012
may is an update made by an indipendent developper, i dont link the thread cause may i go against this forum rules, go to XDA and look for the above mentioned thread in Android-General, it's stick in the first threads.
Do tou know anything about this new update? What about you flash player, wich update number? Is it
11.1.115.20?
Thanks a lot!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If the problem persists with the default browser only, I'd quit using it after all the other stuff you've done. I haven't used it in months myself.

me75006

Feb 28, 2013
Im using Puffins browser. It works great and was only 2.99

Thanks for that reference, wandaboyce ! I tried the free version, it played flash ok, uninstalled it & bought the 2.99 version. I really didn't want to start with patches & stuff.

SirJess007

Aug 22, 2013
Help.. Set my yahoo email on prestige 10 android tablet and accept it but i don't see email icon..

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Help.. Set my yahoo email on prestige 10 android tablet and accept it but i don't see email icon..

Welcome to the forum

If you set it up, did you use the stock mail app or the Yahoo app, or something else?