just a few questions

chrismcghee

Dec 21, 2011
I have a few questions concerning a sytabex7 tablet a friend loaned me so that I can load it up for the holidays. I have some movies and music he wants me to put on it for his daughter for christmas. I am unfamliare with Android devices and am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

The main issue i am having is i dont seem to be able to get my computer to recognize the device when i plug it up with a usb cable. I have tried three different computers and each just sits there. I don't even get a screen saying device not recognized. It's like i just plugged in air.

The tablet has a 8 gig micro sd card in it so it should just come up as external hard drive so i can drag and drop the files i want to put in it.
any thoughts?

The next issue is I don't know what kind of vid files this device likes to run. Avi, Mpeg, or mp4? what codic works best with android tabs?

I have a few more but that will do for now.
Thanks in advance.
chris

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
when you plug it in, on the tablet you should see a symbol in the corner for USB, touch that and it will ask you if you want to go into USB Connection mode. That has to be done before the PC will see it. Once that is done, the SD Card will show as an additional drive.

Supported formats are dependent on the player you select, so it depends on what you like best.

Cheers, and hope that helps!
Peter