Just got my A500 and LOVE it!

showson1

Jan 17, 2011
I have a 7" Galaxy tab and didn't want to spend the ridiculous amount of money they were asking for the Xoom.. plus, to be honest, I didn't really like Honeycomb.

I've been reading about the A500 and it got good reviews, but people were saying it's heavy, I heard reports of the GPS not working, etc...

I went by Best Buy on my way home last night to play with the demo unit and.. wow!
I thought I was messing with the wrong unit because it wasn't heavy at all, it's actually really light!

I checked with two different people and verified that the return policy is 30 days (not 14 as some people have reported), so I decided to bring it home and mess with it.

After using Honeycomb for about an hour I was TOTALLY used to it and actually like a lot of things about it.
The tablet itself is just awesome, I tested all the different functionality and everything works flawlessly, including the USB host and GPS.
It really is NOT heavy, I used it pretty much all night last night and it was really comfortable to hold and mess around with... spec wise it may weigh slightly more than other devices, but just try it.. I doubt you'll even notice unless you compare them side by side.

I was inside my hotel room and loaded up maps, it got a fix almost immediately and tracked me around the hotel.. INSIDE the hotel.
Those that say the GPS doesn't work may want to return it for a different unit..

This is a great unit.. I'm still not 100% sure I'm going to get rid of the Galaxy Tab and keep this one, but it's looking good for the Iconia... plus I still have 29 days to decide. ;)

Last edited:

showson1

Jan 17, 2011
Mine is going back tonight I just hope best buy has some more.

If they don't have it in the system ask them to check the back anyway.
At the store I went to it showed they had zero in stock, but I asked the guy to check anyway and he came back with the box in his hands. :)

Good luck on the replacement, so far mine has been great (knocking on wood as I type).

Mr.Gadget

Apr 13, 2011
I would bet on a 14 day policy, to be safe. I would even double check yourself on the small print and make sure it does not say computers are excluded (like Office Depot).

Mr.Gadget

Apr 13, 2011
Best Buy Store Exchange & Return Policy - Best Buy

Best Buy Store Exchange & Return Policy

To exchange or return an item purchased in one of our stores, bring the item to any Best Buy store. Please follow these guidelines:
Exchange and Return Period

Exchange or return your item anytime from the original purchase date within the timeframe below:

• 14 days for computers, monitors, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, iPads, tablets and radar detectors
  • 30 days for all other products
  • 45 days for all products for Reward Zone Program Premier Silver members*

kaspr00

May 1, 2011
I have a 7" Galaxy tab and didn't want to spend the ridiculous amount of money they were asking for the Xoom.. plus, to be honest, I didn't really like Honeycomb.

I've been reading about the A500 and it got good reviews, but people were saying it's heavy, I heard reports of the GPS not working, etc...

I went by Best Buy on my way home last night to play with the demo unit and.. wow!
I thought I was messing with the wrong unit because it wasn't heavy at all, it's actually really light!

I checked with two different people and verified that the return policy is 30 days (not 14 as some people have reported), so I decided to bring it home and mess with it.

After using Honeycomb for about an hour I was TOTALLY used to it and actually like a lot of things about it.
The tablet itself is just awesome, I tested all the different functionality and everything works flawlessly, including the USB host and GPS.
It really is NOT heavy, I used it pretty much all night last night and it was really comfortable to hold and mess around with... spec wise it may weigh slightly more than other devices, but just try it.. I doubt you'll even notice unless you compare them side by side.

I was inside my hotel room and loaded up maps, it got a fix almost immediately and tracked me around the hotel.. INSIDE the hotel.
Those that say the GPS doesn't work may want to return it for a different unit..

This is a great unit.. I'm still not 100% sure I'm going to get rid of the Galaxy Tab and keep this one, but it's looking good for the Iconia... plus I still have 29 days to decide. ;)

The 30 day return policy is explained on the back of your receipt. It's 14 days for laptops, digital cameras and mp3 players. But I'm glad you got things checked out! I work at best buy, and I love my Acer! Glad you are enjoying yours! I will never return mine :) I am having a blast!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

showson1

Jan 17, 2011
Best Buy Store Exchange & Return Policy - Best Buy

Best Buy Store Exchange & Return Policy

To exchange or return an item purchased in one of our stores, bring the item to any Best Buy store. Please follow these guidelines:
Exchange and Return Period

Exchange or return your item anytime from the original purchase date within the timeframe below:

• 14 days for computers, monitors, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, iPads, tablets and radar detectors
  • 30 days for all other products
  • 45 days for all products for Reward Zone Program Premier Silver members*

Hmm.. maybe different stores have different policies.
The guy in the computer area told me 30 days and I didn't believe him so I checked with the cashier, she looked something up on a chart she had, and confirmed 30 days.

Interesting..
Maybe it's because I have a reward zone card?

kaspr00

May 1, 2011
Well at our store, I know we don't have updated receipt paper that covers ipads and tablets on the back where the return policy is stated. So if it doesn't specifically say under 14 days, we just assume it's 30 lol.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
yeah on the back of my receipt paper it does not say "ipads and tablets" under the 14 day limit. In fact, tablets are mentioned by name at all on the receipt--however, to be safe, I would definentely bet they impose a 14 day limit -- just in case.