Just got updated to 3.2.1 (7.014.14)

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Hi all!

Today 2 updates in a row on my A500. First updated from Android 3.2 to 3.2.1 (7.014.01). Was fast. Small. Less than 8MB. This also brought Market 3.1.something.

Then second update arrived. Same size. Kept at 3.2.1, but Build number went to 7.014.14. This one tool longet with a somewhat impressive big bright screen saying DO NOT RESET, DO NOT TURN OFF, and which lasted several minutes with a bit title "CONFIGURING TABLET". No idea what it configured. But Android still at 3.2.1. Build updated to .14, and... BIG CHANGE, now Android Market 3.4.4. This is cool because there is now an "Auto-update apps" which I expect to work much better than previous version of Market!

Note, I'm in France. No idea if/when other countries get updates. But since it's a small download, I'm hoping everybody at the same time, more or less.

Note also that I had to manually CHECK FOR UDPATES to get the updates. Didn't get a pop-up announcing it. Maybe I didn't wait for that part to happen by itself. Maybe it's an on-demand update at this time...

I'm happy. Hoping next step is Android 4.x! :D

Gilles

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Sucks not to be Australian I guess.....

It took mine 4 weeks to update after it was out in Australia.

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Sometimes it's the other way around. But yes, sucks not to be Australian... for plenty other reasons. :) I miss Sydney.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Just received another update but the version number is still 3.2.1 and the build number 7.014.03_GEN still has not changed. It was a system update and popped up the moment A500 was ready. Total size of the update was about 3.15MB. So at this stage I still don't know what was updated.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Just received another update but the version number is still 3.2.1 and the build number 7.014.03_GEN still has not changed. It was a system update and popped up the moment A500 was ready. Total size of the update was about 3.15MB. So at this stage I still don't know what was updated.

You got 3.2.1 a long time ago, didn't you Douvie?

As I recall, you only reported one update back then, whereas when it rolled in there (USA) it was two updates.
I'm thinking you just got the second one that we got.

I'm now running A500_7.0.14.02_COM_GEN2

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
You got 3.2.1 a long time ago, didn't you Douvie?

As I recall, you only reported one update back then, whereas when it rolled in there (USA) it was two updates.
I'm thinking you just got the second one that we got.

I'm now running A500_7.0.14.02_COM_GEN2

Yeah ages ago. But this one I got today must be about the 3rd or 4th minor upgrade since the 3.2.1. Mine is at A500_7.0.14.03_COM_GEN1. So watch for it. I still can't figure out what was updated. Still searching.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hello Gilles. How is the A500 going? Mine is still working perfectly. How are you?

John

Lsandror1

Jan 4, 2012
I am in the united states and i have yet to receive said update.

Disregard it appears that i already got the update and didnt notice because it updated when i first got my a500.

Last edited:

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Douvie, long time.

My A500 is doing very nicely. I noticed 2 significant changes with 7.014.14. Market is now 3.4.4 (which supports an "auto-update apps" setting... and I think this is already a great help, as I was having serious apps updates problems with the old version of market on my A500). Note that 7.014.01 only brings Market 3.1.17. The other significant update is a very efficient update on the tablet's microphone operation. You can now use things like Skype and speaking *NORMALLY* in front of the tab results in the other party hearing you perfectly. Before, the only thing that worked really was having a headset microphone... Now the tablet microphone is very good.

Cheers,
Gilles

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Douvie, long time.

My A500 is doing very nicely. I noticed 2 significant changes with 7.014.14. Market is now 3.4.4 (which supports an "auto-update apps" setting... and I think this is already a great help, as I was having serious apps updates problems with the old version of market on my A500). Note that 7.014.01 only brings Market 3.1.17. The other significant update is a very efficient update on the tablet's microphone operation. You can now use things like Skype and speaking *NORMALLY* in front of the tab results in the other party hearing you perfectly. Before, the only thing that worked really was having a headset microphone... Now the tablet microphone is very good.

Cheers,
Gilles

Good Gilles,

I just received the latest build about 15 minutes ago which is 7.014.15 - which just one up on you again. I haven't tried to figure out what has changed but thanks for the mic info on the update.

CYA
John