Just ordered this 8 inch tablet and had a few questions.

Robfactory

May 28, 2011
The link to the product is here. There really isn't a name for it.
According to the top description is has GPS though the bottom does not make note of it.
Either way, I wanted to know if someone has one of these and if they could help me out a bit once I get it.
1. I'll be looking into installing 2.3 on this baby as soon as I get it.
2. Is HoneyComb going to be compatible with this?
3. How easy is it to root?
4. For $100 with S&H bad or good purchase?
Thanks ahead of time for any responses and/or help.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Yes , I had one with same specs, from China.Paid 168.00 last Dec, It is dead and buried already, I replaced it with a Elocity A7 it's Great!, The unit you chose will not handle Honeycomb, you need a Dual core (faster) processor, like Tegra II ,These units with Cortex A8 Freescale processor last about 1 year or less , before the cheap parts burnout from the inside!

Good luck, If your'e going to buy one anyway , but buy the same unit from A USA based vendor, These Chinese Suppliers don't have any Customer Warranty or service , even though they say they do in their advertising. You will have to pay to ship back for warranty and then it's goodbye forever to your money and tablet!

nieye

Apr 22, 2011
Of course, this is the warranty but the shipping out their own, which is where this should be

Doublesixes

Dec 6, 2010
I have one like that that I bought from nowsupplier. Got it last December and still works but charging it became hard because the connector became loose and I have to bend it in order to make a proper connection. I use it to watch Flash videos (movies and tv) and basic web surfing. It's a frustrating experience compared to my Acer Iconia but hey, it still works even after 2 major drops from about 2 feet. Paid $168 including shipping.