Just Picked Up the Galaxy Note 10.1

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Great way to spend labor day weekend, although it's still charging I've taken some time to install a couple things and play with the S Pen a bit. Really only tried the handwriting recognition with the S note app and it is impressive. The digitizer can be activated simply by removing the pen from its slot, and you can also configure it to automatically open a particular app as well.
Can't wait to spend some more time with it but I can say the Note is fast. I read the benchmarks but you almost need to experience it first hand to see how that translates to real world use and one thing you notice immediately is the launcher is buttery smooth.
I will say there is no mistaking the fact that the housing is plastic, but it feels solid and light in the hand and I love the front facing speakers.
One last thing before I go install Printershare is maybe the most impressive thing of all- Side by side multitasking. Two windows, of sorts, open, active and usable independently... AWESOME!

Sent from my Tablet like device running Android

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I will try it out and let you Know shortly. I've bee so taken with the handwriting recognition and the stylus I haven't even begun to explore all this tablet is capable of.

mikearnill

Aug 25, 2012
From last many days I was thinking to switch this tablet and you have made my mind fixed to switch this tablet. I have heard many rumours about it, it is one of the smartest creation of samsung.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
mikearnill said:
From last many days I was thinking to switch this tablet and you have made my mind fixed to switch this tablet. I have heard many rumours about it, it is one of the smartest creation of samsung.

Great choice I think, there are some great tablets on the market today but the Note offers a combination of the most powerful processor available with the Wacom digitizer and accurate handwriting recognition. Of course if you didn't have a need for the digitizer or the multitasking ability of the Note there are tablets with higher resolution screens and Tegra 3 processors which, although they may not have quite the raw horsepower of the Note, have the luxury of a some great games developed specifically for the Tegra and they are impressive.

Sent from my Gibson using Tapatalk for Heavy Metal

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
PavtubeVideo said:
Oh, how does it play HD movies? Does it support 1080p HD mkv files?

Do you have a small video i can test with? Have had a hard time finding a sample.

learner

Jan 28, 2012
looks like your going to be getting some upgrades with Jellybean, just found this on Youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Yeah, it was promised by Samsung, I appreciate the info!

Dec 12, 2012
I will try it out and let you Know shortly. I've bee so taken with the handwriting recognition and the stylus I haven't even begun to explore all this tablet is capable of.

so how is it, i'd like to know how it works with these files too, thank you wery much

Paperless

Dec 20, 2012
I just got mine. The reviews I read that said it feels cheap are BS IMO. This is my first tablet and i really like it. I hav ethe 32Gb model. It has a memory expansion slot if I ever need more. I don't need a Retina display and I don't like Apple's proprietary business model. Jellybean is supposed to make it even better!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I just got mine. The reviews I read that said it feels cheap are BS IMO. This is my first tablet and i really like it. I hav ethe 32Gb model. It has a memory expansion slot if I ever need more. I don't need a Retina display and I don't like Apple's proprietary business model. Jellybean is supposed to make it even better!

Congrats and welcome. I think many reviewer simply state "it feels cheap" for anything not made of metal (the majority of devices). This is an easy out and ridiculous statement. Unfortunately that is the state of reviews these days. As long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I just picked up the Samsung book cover case for it, and this is a very nice case, it compliments the Note 10.1 quite well. In fact, my brother just got a new iPad with a smart cover and the Note easily matches its coolness factor. The Note is designed with a nice balance allowing it to be very light and thin, thinner than the iPad and every bit as comfortable to hold and use.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1