Just purchased Nextbook 7 SE, no Netflix for this device?

Marke522

Dec 19, 2012
Hi, and thanks for reading.

I just purchased 2 of these tablets,YIFANG Next7P12-8G with Google Play and Andriod 4.0.4, for what I thought was a great price. $79.99 at Wal-Mart. (If I can't list prices or stores on the forums, please LMK or ask a Mod to edit.) Yes, I know it's old technology, but it's our first tablet for the house, and I wanted to start small, and affordable. Also I was attracted to the HDMI and the Micro SD slot that I didn't see on other tablets.

So far everything that I have tried has been awesome aside from one of the actual reasons for buying a tablet. The Netflix app doesn't currently work with this device. I've downloaded and installed it from both Amazon and Google Play, same result from either site. After selecting the movie/episode it goes to a black screen with only audio. Other users with the same device are experiencing the same problem, even after today's update.

My real question is, should I be patient and wait for the app to work correctly, or should I return these Nextbooks, and get a tablet that isn't on the bottom shelf. This is my first experience with an Android OS, and I don't know how quickly these apps are fixed, if at all. I just can't bring myself to spend $500 on an iPad right now, or maybe ever.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2012
Greetings
Try this to fix the problem >> Go to : :: Welcome to NextbookUSA.com Look for NEXT7P-12 Netflix Update

Hi, and thanks for reading.

I just purchased 2 of these tablets,YIFANG Next7P12-8G with Google Play and Andriod 4.0.4, for what I thought was a great price. $79.99 at Wal-Mart. (If I can't list prices or stores on the forums, please LMK or ask a Mod to edit.) Yes, I know it's old technology, but it's our first tablet for the house, and I wanted to start small, and affordable. Also I was attracted to the HDMI and the Micro SD slot that I didn't see on other tablets.

So far everything that I have tried has been awesome aside from one of the actual reasons for buying a tablet. The Netflix app doesn't currently work with this device. I've downloaded and installed it from both Amazon and Google Play, same result from either site. After selecting the movie/episode it goes to a black screen with only audio. Other users with the same device are experiencing the same problem, even after today's update.

My real question is, should I be patient and wait for the app to work correctly, or should I return these Nextbooks, and get a tablet that isn't on the bottom shelf. This is my first experience with an Android OS, and I don't know how quickly these apps are fixed, if at all. I just can't bring myself to spend $500 on an iPad right now, or maybe ever.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

akstidad

Dec 21, 2012
I am having the same issue. I have DL the update and put it on my tablet, but the tab will not see the update. I try and find it on the tablet and see that it is there, but it will not load or do anything.. it just says that file type img not found.

Does not seem to recognize that it is an update.. ??

any help.

Marke522

Dec 19, 2012
Try this Netflix 1.7.0 - APKTOP

Found it yesterday while changing my search text a little bit.

Works perfect for my device using 1.7.0. Going to back up that APK file in case the next update doesn't work either.

Screamer4

Dec 31, 2012
I am having the same issue. I have DL the update and put it on my tablet, but the tab will not see the update. I try and find it on the tablet and see that it is there, but it will not load or do anything.. it just says that file type img not found.

Does not seem to recognize that it is an update.. ??

any help.

I am having this same problem. Using an alternate Netflix APK seemed to solve the problem, but I am having the same black screen problem with some games and I was hoping the firmware update would fix it. Unfortunately it will not recognize and install the update.img file. I have tried booting to recovery using power+vol-down, but I couldn't flash the img from there either.

Sunstate78

Jan 4, 2013
Had the same problem with netflix & no fixes suggested here work for me. I called the next book tech support line today. They are aware that the problem with Netflix still exists and they are working on the problem. They gave me no timeframe for resolution.

Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thx

dogtag1968

Oct 18, 2011
The Firmware update is not compatible with Android 4.0.4, it is for 4.0.3 Use the Netflix 1.7.0, it works fine.