just purchased rockchip 10.2" apad, can anyone help?

BikerBudgie

Aug 20, 2010
hi all

i have just purchased this item :-
10.2'' TOUCH SCREEN TABLET PC ANDROID UK SELLER on eBay (end time 25-Aug-10 21:31:47 BST)

i have never used android tablets before, i know not to expect this to be equivilant to an ipad but only really want to use it for travelling, internet via free wifi hot spots and viewing movie's on the go, so i think this should fit the bill.

out of the box it feels nice and logged onto my works wifi with no problems. untill i tried to use the keyboard.

the keyboard pops up with english keys, when i type it changes the output chacters into chinese?? redering any internet use impossible.

I have tried going into settings>Locale & text> and selecting to English (UK) (im asuming its selected - it highlights yellow and goes back to menu screen)

Also while i am here - anything i need to watch out for on these tablets? is it a simple task to download movies from the net to a micro-sd card and play them or will i need to install additional codecs and software?

and finaly are there any good websources for information that i can go and read and learn more about them, preventing lots of dumb questions on here?

BikerBudgie

Aug 20, 2010
and as is typical of these things, after an hour of playing and coming up empty i post this and then find the answer straight after in regards to the chinese characters.

if anyone else has this problem :- there is a little chinese character key bottom left of the keyboard, press this a few times and it circles through various text options.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
good news i am glad you could find the answer now for video's you will have to convert them to mp4 unless "rockplayer" works on your tablet it is an app found in the market that will play avi files give that a chance and see if it works on your tablet