Just received Merimobiles X5A, Flickering screen? :(

Aaronaaudio

Dec 20, 2010
After waiting soo long for this thing it really upsets me that i end up with a problem ive never heard of...

I diddnt even notice at first, until i opened the M001 i bought for my father and realized how much better the picture was, im not sure if its only the backlight but it defiantly seems to get worse during video/animations..

Could it be a firmware issue? I also noticed the widget list only shows the searchbar..?.. i saw something about putting a peice of rf/static guard material between the board and the screen?..?

any ideas? I really hope i can resolve this, im so bummed

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
what do you mean by flickering? if you didnt notice right off the back it couldnt have been that bad but please give us more details

Aaronaaudio

Dec 20, 2010
Its almost like the backlight is going on and off really quickly, static-like brightness that happens only intermittently while idle. but if you watch a video or use an app that has any kind of animation it well.. flickers. the image itself stays the same, but the brightness seems to go all wacky

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
hmm thats interesting i would return it and get a new one or get my money back. There is difference between fixing a tablet you have had for awhile and fixing a brand new tablet

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
They do, but you better read the details. They do not keep stock local. You ship it back to China.