Just received my Huawei S7 last night

andtabx

Jan 27, 2011
I'm glad that I found this forum with all the information on S7.

Just wanted to ask those with more experience with the device:
How to get rid off the loud ringing buzz when the device starts up and get to home screen?

Is there any way of silencing clicking sound when typing on the keyboard?

How to created a shortcut to an app on any of screens Home, Web, Fav etc...?

Thanks in advance

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
Congrats on getting the S7 and welcome!

-->How to get rid off the loud ringing buzz when the device starts up and get to home screen?
A: In the setting go to Sound & Display and change the Notification ringtone to Silent (this will get rid of this, however unless you set-up your other notifications, e-mail, alarm.... to be something other than default they will stop working as well).

-->Is there any way of silencing clicking sound when typing on the keyboard?
A: In the settings go to Language & Keyboard and tap on Huawei IME and then uncheck Keypad tone.

--> How to created a shortcut to an app on any of screens Home, Web, Fav etc...?
A: There are two easy ways, one press and hold the screen when you are on the screen where you want your short cut and then you will get a menu to add what you want. Or if it is a short cut to an app go to the app drawer and press and hold the app you want and after a couple seconds it will go back to your home screen where you can place it there.

sacooper34

Jan 23, 2011
going to get mine tonight this is all new to me what are a few things i should do 1st? i can use all the help you want to throw at me. thank you

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
I would suggest reading alot of the top of the page topics on the main forum.... read the sub forum's, you will get alot of answers about the device and app's being used. Then ask away with whatever is on your mind :>)

And welcome and enjoy your new toy