Just rooted, trying to wipe battery stats.

AndroidApple

Nov 22, 2010
Okay, so I successfully rooted my chinese tablet (Gpad G10) using Z4Root. Very simple. :) So I eventually installed Root Explorer, SetCpu (which I dont actually plan on messing with, just wanted to look through it), and BusyBox (which I can only seem to find deep in the system files in root explorer). I'm not sure as to why BusyBox isn't showing up in my apps?? It seems inaccessible.

Anyways, I want to improve battery life on my tablet. Since there are telephonyapks, and phoneapks, I installed an airplane mode widget, which seems to have stopped the battery drain slightly (before I was seeing "Cell Standby" in my battery use in device info and it was supposedly using 75% of my battery!! With airplane mode on, I can also use wifi. It seems to have done the trick until I can figure out a way to delete all the necessary unneeded apks.

Anyways, the next step is to wipe battery stats. My tablet fully charges, but seems to think that 90% is full. Not only that but the meter is horribly innaccurate. The other night it sat at 5% for about 50 minutes, while I had wifi on, brightness to 100%, several apps and processes running AND watching Youtube videos... So to wipe stats I basically all I do is charge the device fully, wipe the stats, plug it back into the charger and charge it again for another 20-30 minutes until I know it's full, then unplug and use until it's either dead or at 5% where it prompts to to plug in a charger...

What I'm asking is how do I find the battery stats and wipe them? Can I simply do this using root explorer? I'm VERY new to Android, and VERY VERY new to being rooted. I literally just rooted today before work and haven't had time to play with the device at all. I wish there were a Rooting Book for dummies, as I feel completely clueless.

If anyone could help me, I'd be appreciative.

What are some other good apps to download now that I'm rooted? I'm thinking of cachemate, titaniumbackup, etc. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Again, thank you.

AndroidApple

Nov 22, 2010
LOL 55 views, no responses.

Anyways, I installed a terminal, which I'm guessing what I was supposed to do, and entered the command prompt for wiping battery stats. After I entered it, I didn't have any sort of error, so I'm assuming it wiped em, at least I hope.

Now if I can just figure out how to clear the delvik cache on it. I know where it is in the root explorer, but the command prompt isn't working.

Maybe i'll buy Titanium Backup Pro Root, which has the option to clear the cache.

gpadowner

Feb 19, 2011
Okay, so I successfully rooted my chinese tablet (Gpad G10) using Z4Root. Very simple. :) So I eventually installed Root Explorer, SetCpu (which I dont actually plan on messing with, just wanted to look through it), and BusyBox (which I can only seem to find deep in the system files in root explorer). I'm not sure as to why BusyBox isn't showing up in my apps?? It seems inaccessible.

Anyways, I want to improve battery life on my tablet. Since there are telephonyapks, and phoneapks, I installed an airplane mode widget, which seems to have stopped the battery drain slightly (before I was seeing "Cell Standby" in my battery use in device info and it was supposedly using 75% of my battery!! With airplane mode on, I can also use wifi. It seems to have done the trick until I can figure out a way to delete all the necessary unneeded apks.

Anyways, the next step is to wipe battery stats. My tablet fully charges, but seems to think that 90% is full. Not only that but the meter is horribly innaccurate. The other night it sat at 5% for about 50 minutes, while I had wifi on, brightness to 100%, several apps and processes running AND watching Youtube videos... So to wipe stats I basically all I do is charge the device fully, wipe the stats, plug it back into the charger and charge it again for another 20-30 minutes until I know it's full, then unplug and use until it's either dead or at 5% where it prompts to to plug in a charger...

What I'm asking is how do I find the battery stats and wipe them? Can I simply do this using root explorer? I'm VERY new to Android, and VERY VERY new to being rooted. I literally just rooted today before work and haven't had time to play with the device at all. I wish there were a Rooting Book for dummies, as I feel completely clueless.

If anyone could help me, I'd be appreciative.

What are some other good apps to download now that I'm rooted? I'm thinking of cachemate, titaniumbackup, etc. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Again, thank you.

hey mate did you find any solution?
I'm having same problem here
thanks