Kindle Fire vs. Visio VTAB1008. Which is better???

darkstar765

Dec 5, 2011
I am currently torn between the Kindle Fire, The Visio VTAB 1008 and The Nook. My price range is around 200.

1) what you will be using the tablet for. list any features you need, such as g-sensor, gps, bluetooth, Adobe Flash, or any specific apps
I will be using it for reading magazines, books, the wallstreet journal, watching videos like hulu or netflix, listening to music, browsing the web and sending e-mails. Like a long battery life. I really don't care about a camera bc I know visio doesn't have Skype which I find stupid.

2) how much you are willing to spend
I'm willing to spend around 200. If you know a better one then the three I mentioned feel free to mention it, then rank these three for my needs.

3) if you have an idea, what the size of the tablet should be
7-8 inch want it to be portable

4) how much you know about Android, or just whether or not you are computer iliterate
Know a lot about Androids and computers.

5) Please list your location somewhere.
San Diego

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hmmmm, I don't know that I personally would buy either of those, but that's because I think the Coby's are better supported in the Android community, however if I recall correctly the Vizio has the official android market and good resolution, so if I had to choose between them I would probably do that one. If you are looking for an 8" tablet as opposed to a 7" Coby makes one with a capacitive screen the MID8127 that might suit your needs:

http://www.amazon.com/Coby-8-Inch-A...HGJ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323206948&sr=8-1

I don't know if it is what you're looking for or not, but it's around $200, and I would think it's able to handle what you need in a tablet with regard to reading and watching videos once you'd get flash installed and using the dolphin HD browser. Check out the Coby forum here, the 2nd generation one and see if you like what people are saying about this device, or if you're looking at a 7" the MID7127 or MID 7022 might be better suited. Check them out before you commit to either of the two you mentioned, because you just might find you like the features of the coby better. Welcome to the board! Glad you joined us darkstar765. :)

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Good call LiquidFire187, that point eluded me when I was replying, I am glad you brought it up! :D

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I would definately go with the Kindle Fire. What the Android community is missing is the Apple mentality. Without the kind of leadership Apple, and hopefully now Amazon, provides we may start to actually believe we can think for ourselves, and we all know how dangerous that can be.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum