Kindle

mroshe

Nov 22, 2013
Hi Folks, first time on forum for me. I have an Acer Iconia A500 and am very pleased with it. I have the Kindle App on it ad found a few websites that provide me daily listing of free and reduced Amazon books and so I am up to about 300 now on the Acer tablet. I think it is slowing down the tablet somewhat and was wondering if I can off-load the mjority of the books onto my computer and keep onbly about 10 at a time on the tablet. Is that possible? Thanks, mroshe.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi mroshe, congratulations on your new A500 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets.

It is possible to off-load the majority of the books onto your computer, and there are several ways to do it. The easiest way for me is to move the books to a Micro SD card on the tablet and then move the MSD to the computer.

However, if the books are already on a MSD, they should not cause any performance degradation. The intent of using a MSD is to keep all of your media files like books, movies, music etc. on it and only use the tablet memory for things that must be there.

You could also move the books to your computer by using Dropbox, a file transfer app, or by plugging the tablet into a USB port on your computer.

Enjoy your tablet and the forum!

BTW The best place to ask for assistance with your tablet would be the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum. I'm going to move this thread there for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you further if necessary.

sparky3542

Feb 4, 2013
I am also trying to move books from amazon/kindle to a memory stick but dont know where the books are located. cant find them using a file manager application. where would they be? thanks for any assistance