kogan agora 7" need a device driver & solve a wifi issue

visualagora7

Jul 9, 2013
Hi, I have purchased this tablet second hand, but I am having trouble with :
a) finding a Device Driver for a Vista OS
b) cannot seem to connect to a Livebox Router (I know the code being input is correct) tablet tries to connect then disconnects etc etc. Livebox always shows the closed lock.
The Kogan is running:-
c) Android version is :- 2.3.3
d) Kernel Version is :- 2.6.35.7
e) Model No. EM73_SIS_GC2M_V2
f) The Tablet states on the rear KUTBL07ANDAC0030 as the type...yet I have tried on the internet and only found tablets KATBL07AND-C
Tried to find a software download site for Kogan...but no luck. Did eventually find an Intel driver 'intelandroiddrvsetup 1.1.4 or 1.1.5' both did not work just seemed to go in a black hole -nothing happened (tried using administrator when running still the same).
Also found a download for an Android 2.3.3 usb driver - but again downloaded and ran ok to start then said the tablet was not compatable.
I would not be suprised if there are a number of downloads to bring this tablet up to a higher software level...I can download via Vista then transfer to a mini SD card to implement any changes but at present have NOT found any reference to upgrades or compatable software etc.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Pete

Update...I saw on this forum a help document on not being able to connect your wifi...it suggested that you switched off the router plugged it back in and when its loaded to try again...YES it connects BUT I have to do this all the time to connect to the router so it would appear that there is something wrong with the software, has anyone got any other ideas please.
Managed to download a user guide...solved the device driver problem...no other problems, neat small tablet.
The router problem was of my own making...should have pushed buttons 1&2 before inputting password.
Close this request please

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Pete, congratulations on your Kogan Agora and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck and enjoy the forum!

visualagora7

Jul 9, 2013
Just to add I have sorted the wifi the problem was due to not holding down both buttons 1&2 on the router before inputting the router password.