Kyros 7022 won't go to sleep.

dparty82

Sep 8, 2011
So I can't say that I am fairly new to the tablet scene but I'm not saying I know everything either. I recently had to replace (cracked screen) a Coby Kyros 7015 that I did root and install all that clockwork mod and other stuff to it so I am pretty familiar with Coby tablets. I know the basics of the one-touch sleep mode and how to do basic functions, settings, installing aps, etc.
Well, I recently bought a Kyros 7022 about 3 weeks ago and most recently been having a few issues with it. First, the screen is stuck in landscape mode and when I go into the settings tab the "auto screen rotate" option is very faint and won't let me turn this on. Second issue is the sleep mode. My tablet is not letting me have this option either. I press the power button quick and nothing happens. Hold it down longer and as many of you know it comes up with the airplane mode/power off options. I thought going into the settings and changing the sleep mode time would help but I have it set on 30 seconds but it still doesn't help.
This tablet works awesome besides these two quirks so hopefully someone can help me with this.

*** I have done no rooting and nothing that you can't do out of the box to the tablet. I chose not to root because of the extended warranty I had purchased.

mike85nelson

Aug 24, 2011
I would suggest to put clockwork on it and root it. Then power it of and when you turn it on hold the power button and the round silver button to get into clockwork. Then wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, and wipe dalvik cache under advanced

dparty82

Sep 8, 2011
I would suggest to put clockwork on it and root it. Then power it of and when you turn it on hold the power button and the round silver button to get into clockwork. Then wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, and wipe dalvik cache under advanced

I was told that if I root the tablet this will void the warranty. If I am having problems now I see my warranty coming into good use if I need to return it. OH......and I don't think I could sit through hours of beating angry birds a second and third time. I guess if it came down to it I could try the data/factory reset but I was hoping that would be my last option.

mike85nelson

Aug 24, 2011
I was told that if I root the tablet this will void the warranty. If I am having problems now I see my warranty coming into good use if I need to return it. OH......and I don't think I could sit through hours of beating angry birds a second and third time. I guess if it came down to it I could try the data/factory reset but I was hoping that would be my last option.

If you go to this thread [DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod 7/ClockworkMod Recovery 4 for TCC8902/TCC8803 tablets - xda-developers and follow the second post it will show you how to backup your stock recovery. Also use titanium backup after you root to save all your apps and data.