Kyros 7024 Sd card question.

acidchalk

Apr 6, 2011
I can't see the contents of my sd card when i'm in the file explorer. I open the sdcard folder and it only shows the files on the things physical memory. It's weird, i can only see a pdf file for example, if i move it from the sd card to the physical memory from my computer with the usb.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Under setup/sd card memory usage I do see my sd card and nand memories and that they are mounted. However, using both Astro and the included file explorer looking at sd card I only see files that I downloaded with the MID7024. The old files from my MID7015 that are still on the sd card do not show up.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
So I spoke with support regarding the SD card not showing all files. They said that it is a known issue along with other unspecified issues. He also stated that they were told the new MID7024 models were not supposed to been available to April 15 and those being sold are pre-sales. They are working on a FW update to correct the issues. As for flash, he pointed out that it clearly said on the box " flash not supported " Guess a change of heart regarding flash won't be in the upcoming update.

VinceJK

Apr 12, 2011
I can't see the contents of my sd card when i'm in the file explorer. I open the sdcard folder and it only shows the files on the things physical memory. It's weird, i can only see a pdf file for example, if i move it from the sd card to the physical memory from my computer with the usb.

I believe that the Kyros partitions the internal memory into two parts - one for the internal memory and one that they call the "SD Card", so when you are in a File manager the "SD Card" is showing the contents of the internal storage. To see your external SD card in the ES File Manager, go to the Home directory, and look for a folder called extsd. This should show the contents of your removable SD card.

PartsMan

Apr 11, 2011
He also stated that they were told the new MID7024 models were not supposed to been available to April 15 and those being sold are pre-sales. They are working on a FW update to correct the issues. As for flash, he pointed out that it clearly said on the box " flash not supported " Guess a change of heart regarding flash won't be in the upcoming update.

This is not good news for an Android newb that has one coming this week. (ME)

PartsMan

Apr 11, 2011
Thank you Dave. I was getting worried.
I ordered mine from Amazon based on a review that said Flash worked.
Actually thought I was getting the "old" unit as the 7025/26 were coming out.

rockdawg

Apr 19, 2011
I'm not sure if folks are figuring this out or not, but I thought I would reply anyway. I also was not seeing the contents of my micro sd card, although, like Dave, the settings were telling me that the card was mounted. When I went into the stock "ES File Explorer", it defaults to /sdcard/ which it apparently considers to be "Home". I touched the SD Card icon which simply takes it to the 'root' level, it looks like, and there is a folder called "extsd". I touched that folder and there were the contents of my micro sd card and I could view pictures and play music. I didn't have a single video on it to try.

EDIT: I just read the post above by VinceJK that said this. DOH! I thought I read through all the responses before I chimed in.

On another note, using the mini usb to female usb adapter that came with the Kyros, I cannot seem to access any of my thumbnail drives (Kingston 2GB, ADATA 16GB, and Kingston 16GB). I even tried a small portable card reader that I keep in my laptop bag and inserted my micro sd card (I also tried a regular SD card). The (or my) Kyros 7024 doesn't seem to recognize any of my 'storage media' from that port. I guess that port is only for keyboards or something, but I've had the unit less than 24hrs so far. :p

I'm going to try out the HDMI this evening on a 50" Plasma.

Last edited:

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
I'm not sure if folks are figuring this out or not, but I thought I would reply anyway. I also was not seeing the contents of my micro sd card, although, like Dave, the settings were telling me that the card was mounted. When I went into the stock "ES File Explorer", it defaults to /sdcard/ which it apparently considers to be "Home". I touched the SD Card icon which simply takes it to the 'root' level, it looks like, and there is a folder called "extsd". I touched that folder and there were the contents of my micro sd card and I could view pictures and play music. I didn't have a single video on it to try.

EDIT: I just read the post above by VinceJK that said this. DOH! I thought I read through all the responses before I chimed in.

On another note, using the mini usb to female usb adapter that came with the Kyros, I cannot seem to access any of my thumbnail drives (Kingston 2GB, ADATA 16GB, and Kingston 16GB). I even tried a small portable card reader that I keep in my laptop bag and inserted my micro sd card (I also tried a regular SD card). The (or my) Kyros 7024 doesn't seem to recognize any of my 'storage media' from that port. I guess that port is only for keyboards or something, but I've had the unit less than 24hrs so far. :p

I'm going to try out the HDMI this evening on a 50" Plasma.

Dude are you sure u turned on the power in the screen widget? I used a 16 gb sd-card with a usb reader without problem... just check config :D

EDIT: if you dont know its just this onE, click it and done:
$shot_000001.png

Last edited: