KYROS 8024 (White Screen)

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Looking for help to fix white screen after bad fw(firmware) update. as noted in 7024 thread you can access Device using Droid Explorer and built-in screencast utility. I can connect phone using adb but I do not have the knowledge to change or fix what is needed. Can someone assist with which adb command will work to get the phone to reflash the firmware from either internal or external SDcard. Holding power and Home button do not appear to work because screen is white ofcourse so phone just does normal boot.

edit: check post #3 for new firmware link to Coby Kyros 8024

Last edited:

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Well I was able to flash some different roms onto my device by holding Home button and powering on device, waiting @ 5 seconds and hitting volume up button. I can see through Droid explorer device is updated but this has not fixed white screen.Maybe a true update with original drivers for 8024 will fix this issue,otherwise I think screen maybe damaged. This is not difinitive just my opinion. Also for people trying to fix their device you can use the external sdcard slot to update your device. I have removed the internal card and use a 2gb card just too flash with.

OopsyNewbie

Oct 15, 2012
I think I'm having something related to this because my Memup Slidepad 800 (MID8024) just booted white after a firmware.
Could this be the same thing or did I really screwed up the hardware?

You can read the whole thing here, as it seems to be more complicated.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...lidepad-800-coby-kyros-7024-a.html#post245115

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it seems I cannot reflash the tablet! (power + round button turns tablet off)!
Thanks!

Last edited: