kyros 8024

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
I don't have the 8024, I have a 7024. I get easily 7 hours plus out of my tablet. Of course as they say your mileage may vary depending on your use. I do not watch a lot of TV or movies on mine, but in my testing I've found the video to be pretty good. I don't know what others with the 8024 feel about their video. I do suspect internally the 70, 80, and 1024 all have the same components on the inside.

dardoncas

Nov 10, 2010
The UPS truck should have my 8024 on it tomorrow (May 13) and after I play with it for the weekend, I'll be happy to post some thoughts on it and the performance. I suspect it should be similar to what we are seeing with the 7024 but who knows? Anyway, I'll start posting some thoughts Monday!

dardoncas

Nov 10, 2010
Any owner if you care to share thoughts and how this thing is? Battery life, video performance etc..

Thanks

OK, my initial impressions are good. The build feels adequate, although I personally think that the Aishuo 816 I previously had felt more solid than this. Not complaining though. Battery life has been good, about 6 hours surfing web, playing games, downloading and loading apps, and just general "putzing" around with it. Video performs good, Flash has been working good but I haven't really given that a complete run through.

It's still early but at this point, I'm happy with my purchase. In all honesty, I would have kept my Aishuo 816 if I could have maintained an internet connection with it but in light of that, the 8024 is an adequate replacement.

Just to note, I purchased an IPAD back in March (my first) and I just sold it last week. Hated it. I would rather have the 8024 and Android. Now that I have had one, I can't figure out what the big deal is because I personally prefer the 8024 and Android.

As I spend more time with the unit, I'll update my impressions of it!

Scarface4070

May 20, 2011
Hi
I have a coby MID 8024
it work well, good battery about 5 or 6 hours
good screen
if somone know how to made flash work on this device. please help!!!!!!!

cowgirl5280

May 17, 2011
I am not computer savvy and want to know if you can tether this to the droid for internet service. I have that app in my phone now. Anyone??

rockdawg

Apr 19, 2011
I am not computer savvy and want to know if you can tether this to the droid for internet service. I have that app in my phone now. Anyone??

Do you pay for the data tethering service from your cell provider? That's the question. You can tether any wifi enabled device to any available connection provided it's unsecured or you have the correct credentials, i.e. password or key.

I will say that on my MID7024, I have to "Forget" the 'remembered' connection to my wireless MiFi 2200 hotspot through verizon every single time I want to connect to it, shut off the 7024 completely, restart it, and then set it up again to connect to the MiFi. This doesn't happen at my house with my home network or at work through our wireless connection there. Hopefully, you won't have this issue with the 8024 connecting to your Droid.

jerry73

May 24, 2011
I have coby 8024 and love it... Also flash 10.3 runs perfect..... I have put alot of stuff in mine like android market, netflix and paltalk all run perfect 8024 is the way to go.....

PA2GA

May 26, 2011
i have the 8024 pics are not the best sofar i just put my ebook on there wanted to know if it has flashplayer or nettflix or hulu type app as well as a webcam chat app

PA2GA

May 26, 2011
I have coby 8024 and love it... Also flash 10.3 runs perfect..... I have put alot of stuff in mine like android market, netflix and paltalk all run perfect 8024 is the way to go.....
how do i get all that stuff on there

Scarface4070

May 20, 2011
thx drakmo for the advice
i had install it but i have this message when i open a facebook video "sorry, this video cannot be played"
please some help!!!!

wwjd4kulit

Jun 3, 2011
Hi guys, any updates on your 8024?? Any good feedbacks lately or new installed apps. or stuff?? im still waiting for mine to be shipped here in the Philippines.

mflorentino

Jun 13, 2011
Hello. I got my Kyros 8024 last week and I've been testing it so far. I couldn't install Market, but I found a post around the net and somebody showed how to install it without rooting. It worked fine, but then a second problem: after the installation, I was able to login to my account and start to see a lot LESS apps available for download. After a quick research, I found that according to Google's developers website, some apps will not be available if the Market verification "security" does not recognizes the android installed as "genuine". Did anybody else had the same problem?