Kyros MID-7015 and 7005 Ultimate Guide Discussion Thread

rambg

Dec 7, 2010
Hi

I have 7005 which I rooted (permanent option) successfully. Now my windows able to recognize the device as Android Composite ADB Interface. However I have an issue connecting from ADB. When I try running ADB SHELL, it shows "error: device not found". Any help is greatly appreciated.

apr2499

Dec 7, 2010
Hi

I have 7005 which I rooted (permanent option) successfully. Now my windows able to recognize the device as Android Composite ADB Interface. However I have an issue connecting from ADB. When I try running ADB SHELL, it shows "error: device not found". Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rambg,

Did you make sure your device was in USB debugging mode? Look at the "Intro Steps" part of my post for instructions on how to do this.

If your device is in USB Debugging mode, your adb server may be in some wierd state on your computer. From the command prompt (from the \android-sdk-windows\tools folder), type adb kill-server and press enter. Then type adb start-server and press enter.

Hopefully this will help!

rambg

Dec 7, 2010
Thanks apr2499 for the reply and quick help. I followed the instruction and was able to execute the command till Type adb reboot recovery and press enter. When the unit went to recovery mode, it is not responding to the buttons and stuck at first option "reboot the device". It stays till 5 minutes and get turned-off automatically. What wrong I am doing here. The tablet is currently in Airplane mode.

Firmware Version 2.1-udpate 1
Kernel version: 2.6.29 root@lcoalhost#149
Build number: MID7005 1.1

by any chance do you have original recovery.img for this one?

Update:

I used the following Clockmod recovery image and got resolved the button issues. This worked great. Your instruction is excellent for installing rest of the google apps. Thanks for posting.

7005 or X5A Recovery Image

Last edited:

demo1962

Dec 10, 2010
I am new at this. Here is a question, Installing the Windows software and ADB drivers and close SDK Manager. I was not able to locate usb_driver. Can you help me out ?

Thanks..................

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Hey there,
So I followed the steps and have run into a hitch. After choosing "have disc" and selecting the android_winusb.inf I get an error message stating "Android Composite ADB Interface, Windows cannot find the specified file".

I cannot proceed further as the drivers won't install.

I am running Windows 7 x64 bit version, and I have disabled driver signing before booting (done by pressing F8 before windows logo), this will allow me to run unsigned drivers obviously. However I think the problem lies with the editing of the .inf file. I just can't figure out what I'm missing. I HAVE downloaded the modded .inf from mediafire and copy+pasted it into the folder. After the driver install failed the first time I also tried checking manually what needs editing and all is well. But Windows still gives me the error message no matter what I do.

(Yes I've also done the intro steps- enable usb debugging, unknown sources etc.)

Any suggestions?

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
Hey there,
So I followed the steps and have run into a hitch. After choosing "have disc" and selecting the android_winusb.inf I get an error message stating "Android Composite ADB Interface, Windows cannot find the specified file".

I cannot proceed further as the drivers won't install.

I am running Windows 7 x64 bit version, and I have disabled driver signing before booting (done by pressing F8 before windows logo), this will allow me to run unsigned drivers obviously. However I think the problem lies with the editing of the .inf file. I just can't figure out what I'm missing. I HAVE downloaded the modded .inf from mediafire and copy+pasted it into the folder. After the driver install failed the first time I also tried checking manually what needs editing and all is well. But Windows still gives me the error message no matter what I do.

(Yes I've also done the intro steps- enable usb debugging, unknown sources etc.)

Any suggestions?

I had the same issue on Win7-32bit. First, I removed the SDK and then when I installed it, I did an "Accept All" and installed everything. Next, I pasted in the two parts of the inf file as instructed. The key was when I plugged in the unit and went into Device Manager, I right-clicked, update driver. HERE IS THE KEY -- I selected Browse for Drivers, then I chose "Let me pick..." and on the next screen I had to uncheck the box that says "Show compatible hardware" which shows more devices. Then I chose "Android ADB Interface" NOT "Android Composite ADB Interface".

Everything worked great after that. I tried the same thing before I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, so make sure you re-do the whole SDK part as I instructed.

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
16. It will reboot the Kyros. You will see a Wizard appear. Go through the Wizard

17. You now have the Android Marketplace installed on your Kyros.

Yes, I do..LOL...but now I have a dilemma. I accidentally set up the Market with the wrong account so I did a factory reset so I could do it all again. When it came back up, of course, the WiFi was disabled. I got through the wizard and it tells me it cannot connect and gives me the option of adding a WiFi network. I do that, but it seems to fail to turn on WiFi and I cannot get to settings to turn on WiFi unless I get through the setup wizard. I'm in purgatory...HELP!!

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
Yes, I do..LOL...but now I have a dilemma. I accidentally set up the Market with the wrong account so I did a factory reset so I could do it all again. When it came back up, of course, the WiFi was disabled. I got through the wizard and it tells me it cannot connect and gives me the option of adding a WiFi network. I do that, but it seems to fail to turn on WiFi and I cannot get to settings to turn on WiFi unless I get through the setup wizard. I'm in purgatory...HELP!!

Nevermind, a power cycle turned wifi back on. I'm rolling now!

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk

rambg

Dec 7, 2010
BKenny

Download the .inf file from the following link USB INF. After placing the file in USB_driver of android-sdk-windows folder. At this point delete the Android Enclair from your Device Manager (It will be with Yellow escalation mark). After this, plug in your android with USB and select the manual option (instead of automatic search) and paste the complete folder of USB_Drive with drive name to Specify specific folder to search. Follow the rest of Wizard. Your windows will recognize the android tablet.

If you got stuck, reply the message with your device and windows screen shot.

demo1962,

After you extracted the zip file, you need to open SDKManager.exe (ensure you have JAVA run time installed). The window will show so many packages for download and install. This includes usb_driver. So you need to download and install them. It takes around 30 to 60 mins depending on your connection.

Last edited:

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
10. Your Kyros tablet will reboot. Clockwork Mod Recovery will then load.
When Navigating through ClockworkMod Recovery, here are the keys:

Does the ClockworkMod not install on the device like it does on my HTC Aria phone? The tablet reboots into ClockworkMod Recovery but without doing it with ADB it just comes up into the factory firmware menu or whatever that is. Just want to make sure I did this correctly.

Thanks in advance and for the tutorial!!

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
The key was when I plugged in the unit and went into Device Manager, I right-clicked, update driver. HERE IS THE KEY -- I selected Browse for Drivers, then I chose "Let me pick..." and on the next screen I had to uncheck the box that says "Show compatible hardware" which shows more devices. Then I chose "Android ADB Interface" NOT "Android Composite ADB Interface".

Everything worked great after that. I tried the same thing before I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, so make sure you re-do the whole SDK part as I instructed.

Troyy0206- Tried your method sir, didn't work. I STILL get the Windows error message "Specified file cannot be found". I also reinstalled the SDK a couple times in the process, and edited the .inf file every time. I have a feeling it has to do with the lines input into the .inf file. Maybe windows isn't recognizing the device after altering the .inf or something? IDK

Download the .inf file from the following link USB INF.
Rambg I appreciate the help but your external link doesn't work. If that's a different .inf file from the one above, please repost! Thanks.

jamierob

Nov 30, 2010
Hello. I am thinking of buying this tablet for my wife as a Christmas present. Does anyone know if it can see an ad-hoc wireless network (aka my phone's wi-fi hotspot)? I'd like for her to be able to use this while we're traveling and my hotspot would always be available.

Thanks.
Jamie

godwheel

Dec 12, 2010
Anyone gotten this to work on Windows 7 64bit?

I follow the instructions to a T, but when I get to installing the android SDK, there is no usb_driver folder created. Any ideas?

godwheel

Dec 12, 2010
Jamie,

I can't speak with 100% certainty, but I believe if the phone becomes a hotspot, this tablet should not have any issues accessing it via Wi-Fi.

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
Troyy0206- Tried your method sir, didn't work. I STILL get the Windows error message "Specified file cannot be found". I also reinstalled the SDK a couple times in the process, and edited the .inf file every time. I have a feeling it has to do with the lines input into the .inf file. Maybe windows isn't recognizing the device after altering the .inf or something? IDK

Bummer. I'm on Windows 7 32-bit, so that may be the difference, I suppose. I know I did all kinds of stuff. I kept just trying to install the USB driver alone and doing the same process but was unable to get my method to work until I uninstalled it all and then did the Accept All and after that, the rest of the method worked. Good luck.