Kyros MID 7024 will not start

pluisr

Jul 17, 2011
Hi all,

I recently bought a coby kyros mid 7024, I really like the tablet, however two days ago, I tried to turn on the device with no success. also tried using the reset button on the side of the device (5-6 times), also did not work, is there any other method I can try?. (the device battery is fully charged).

Thanks.

Last edited:

rpcantrell

May 30, 2011
I am having the same problem with my 7024. When I press the start button the softkeys light up for a few seconds, then go out. The screen never lights up. I does the same thing holding the home/back key while starting. I have about given up.

hecker23

Aug 9, 2011
I am having the exact same problem with the 7024. about to give up. anybody have any suggestions? it would be a great help! Thanks

murdomac

Aug 9, 2011
just received 2tablets and installed wireless connection and google. downloaded a few apps.
one tablet will not turn on

one tablet will not turn off but has a blank screen

criscroc

Jul 19, 2011
I believe we're in this together. Mine was bricked, so I managed to reflash it with another firmware and it came back, but the camera wasn't working anymore. Then, I tried to install a modified uboot.bin, which worked to other people with the same problem as mine, but it bricked my 7024. Now, when I press the power button, only the lights on the side keys turn on, just for a few seconds, and only if I keep holding the power button.

Maybe we should wait and see if some kind soul comes to our aid. For if that doesn't happen, my 7024 will fatally become no more than a paper weight. :(

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
@criscroc
that is really weird what happened to your tablet...it work to other people but it bricked yours

Afrolex

Aug 11, 2011
This happened to me once. The battery was fully charged and it wouldn't turn on. I eventually got it to boot up by plugging it in to the charger and then turning it on. It hasn't happened again so I don't know if that was what resolved the problem.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

criscroc

Jul 19, 2011
@flxrms I thought the same thing. Maybe it's related to the hardware? When I opened my 7024 a few days ago, I saw the wordings "MID7024-V05" near the internal microSD slot.

Oh well, I just hope I can get it back one more time. This time I swear I won't even bother if the camera isn't working. :(

rancho

Sep 1, 2011
@criscroc
Mine is in the same state.
Just the power button is enabled and when pressed, only the soft keys turn on for a while, after few seconds they turn off.

It happened after a ROM update.

I think that an important part of boot programs of NAND memory was lost.

Actually I’m trying a method for 7015, that can be found here (How to unbrick your Coby MID7015 - SlateDroid.com), with some adaptations.

Doing the short circuit when I press the power button, the Windows identify a “Sec S5PC110 TEST B/D” device, but as soon as the power doesn’t still on, I can’t install any driver.

If you find something that can help us, please tell me.

realsis

Sep 19, 2011
Wow this scares me! Can you all return the devices? Mine froze on the home screen for awhile and I could not unnlock it. I powered off then on and thank God itcame back and unfroze. So far it has not locked up again thank god but to hear your stories I'm worried now! Hopefully you can get a refund or return. Id hate to loose everything that took me so long to figure out how to install! That's just awful! I hope someone can come up with something to fix the problem!

Scrawler

Aug 2, 2011
Can anyone help me? In mine, only the LED's light up. I can not turn it at all. When I press to turn the LED's light up but he does not care. Thank you.