[Kyros MID7012] Rooting Options

Rivkah94

Dec 26, 2011
I've rooted my device after a lot of reading and am now left wondering: What ROMs or such are available for this device? Also, is there a suggested way of applying a ROM? Lastly, what's a suggested way of ghosting my tablet, if it's possible, so I can return to where I'm currently at?

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I would recommend trying to find if there is a custom recovery for your device because that is usually how roms are flashed and how you can do a complete backup of your device.

Rivkah94

Dec 26, 2011
I would recommend trying to find if there is a custom recovery for your device because that is usually how roms are flashed and how you can do a complete backup of your device.
Thanks, after searching up custom recoveries for my device, I came upon: MID7012 Automated install for all the necessary stuff, and an awesome theme (ROM?) there. Thanks again. :)

Oh yea, I did back-up everything before toying with it any, there is supposedly a working and tested factory flash there, but I'd rather be safe than sorry if I was you. :)

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Awesome I am glad you found one and it is very smart to always to a backup before messing with anything

icandream

Jan 15, 2012
Does this tablet work somewhat like a laptop? I can transfer thing back and too my tablet to my cumputer.?

cyborg054

Jan 26, 2012
Works just like a laptop without a keyboard - actually you can add a keyboard, or a mouse, or a upto a 16 gig flash drive (tested - plug in with unit off and get latest version of ES File Explorer to find it "Scsi") using that funny little USB HOST cable. I haven't tried it but apparently you can plug a USB hub into it. I would go a powered hub and for the first time plug it in with the tablet off.

A software application called My Phone Explorer (two piece - phone and PC) is great - allows connecting via wifi link without nasty setup and moving files on and off of tablet using the PC program. Of course you could use your USB cable as well.

If you follow the procedure to enable Android Market the GMail app will allow syncing your calendar and contacts from Gmail Website to your PC Outlook App and also to your tablet calendar. Deja Office will allow easier access to contacts, calendar, to do lists etc.

I have set up several different tablets and smartphones and have been very impressed with the kyros line - lots of features for the price.