Kyros MID7015 died

PinkiPad

Sep 27, 2011
Haven't used it in about 2 months. It was dead so I thought the battery was dead. 8 hours of recharging and nothing. 4 more hours. Nothing.

How can I reset it or diagnose why it apparently won't charge?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It's possible the battery has been damaged by improper storage and will need to be replaced.

Over-discharging Lithium-ion

Li-ion should never be discharged too low, and there are several safeguards to prevent this from happening. The equipment cuts off when the battery discharges to about 3.0V/cell, stopping the current flow. If the discharge continues to about 2.70V/cell or lower, the battery’s protection circuit puts the battery into a sleep mode. This renders the pack unserviceable and a recharge with most chargers is not possible. To prevent a battery from falling asleep, apply a partial charge before a long storage period.

Battery manufacturers ship batteries with a 40 percent charge. The low charge state reduces aging-related stress while allowing some self-discharge during storage. To minimize the current flow for the protection circuit before the battery is sold, advanced Li-ion packs feature a sleep mode that disables the protection circuit until activated by a brief charge or discharge. Once engaged, the battery remains operational and the on state can no longer be switched back to the standby mode.

Do not recharge lithium-ion if a cell has stayed at or below 1.5V for more than a week. Copper shunts may have formed inside the cells that can lead to a partial or total electrical short. If recharged, the cells might become unstable, causing excessive heat or showing other anomalies. Li-ion packs that have been under stress are more sensitive to mechanical abuse, such as vibration, dropping and exposure to heat.

From this article: Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

PinkiPad

Sep 27, 2011
Thanks. Odd how it just discharged like that.

Assuming the battery needs to be replaced, what type specifically do i need? I will get it at Amazon but need specifics. I have Lithium-ION, about the size of a nickel, but they aren't close to me to check the specific siz

And, is there a site that reminds me how to change battery? The instruction book is MIA.

PS: Found the user guide online as well as the answer to my problem. I'm screwed.

2450mah 3.7v. you have to desolder the red and black leads off the board.

Guess I can try to sell it or something...

Last edited: