Lamborghini Debuts 'Luxury' Android Phone and Tablet; Maybe More Ugly than Luxury

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Lamborghini-TL700-Luxury-Android-3.jpg

It would seem that some wealthy folks have more money than sense, because this next story is a real head-scratcher. When thinking of Lamborghini, most people envision a powerful, agressive and masculine looking exotic sports car careening down winding European roads. That isn't all they do because of course they are going to "cash in" on the celebrity of their brand name. Lamborghini has decided to jump into the Android smartphone and tablet industry as well. However, you would think that a high-end automobile manufacturer that competes with the likes of Ferrari and Porsche would actually go to the trouble of creating a high-end device, wouldn't you? You would be mistaken in this instance.

The above pictured phone, called the TL700 comes with the following specs:
  • Android 2.3 Gingerbread
  • 3.7 inch WVGA sapphire crystal display
  • Qualcomm processor of unknown speed
  • 5MP rear camera & VGA front-facing camera
  • 4GB of internal memory
  • 1,400 mAh battery

Lamborghini-TL700-Luxury-Android.jpg
Lamborghini-TL700-Luxury-Android-2.jpg

Apparently, all that is required to get super-wealthy folks to part with their money is to slap some exotic materials like gold and crocodile skin on last year's low-end Android hardware, then chisel the Lamborghini name on the side. For this amazing "feat of engineering" that they call a "luxury" phone, you only have to fork over $2,750 bucks.

Seriously? Gingerbread? 4GB of Storage and a 1,400 mAH battery? You can get better phones for free right now! And what is with that design? It looks like a gold-plated piece of turtle road-kill for crying out loud!

Lamborghini-L2800-Luxury-Android-tablet-3.jpg
Lamborghini-L2800-Luxury-Android-tablet-2.jpg

Oh yeah... there also happens to be a Lamborghini Android tablet, called the L2800 as well. And, while this one is not nearly as hideous as the phone, it is still ridiculously priced for what you get:
  • Android 2.3 Gingerbread (reportedly will receive an update to Android 4.0 ICS)
  • 9.7 inch, 1024×768 pixels sapphire crystal display
  • 1.2GHz Qualcomm processor (probably single-core)
  • 5MP rear camera
  • 2MP front-facing camera
  • 512MB of RAM
  • 4GB of internal memory
  • MicroSD card support
  • Good speakers on the back
You can have this piece of Audi-owned Italian engineering for only $2,290... What a bargain! Wow! 512MB of RAM! That's like... a whole lot nowadays isn't it? Well... isn't it? <Sigh>

At that price, it better be able to take a bullet for me! What do you guys think?

Source: UnWiredView

Last edited:

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
The Italians really built a dream machine there! What a bunch of bull! I thought that Lamborghini was known for looks AND performance.

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
I've got a $150 tab that outperforms that one on all levels and is still too slow!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011

I heard this guy wants to buy one in case he needs to make an emergency call sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
With the bad economy, Lamborghini probably is not selling as many cars as before so I guess they decided to use their name to make some money with phones.They didn't need to come out with the best phone ever, they have their name on it:
"L A M B O R G H I N I ".....that's enough to make a lot of fools buy it! As a lot of fools buy plastic bags with the LV logo, nothing new really.

Samsung Galaxy Note

walti

Jun 14, 2012
Hello world!

Just a small note... "Lamborghini cars" and "Tonino Lamborghini" aren't the same firm at all. The second one is one of Ferruccio Lamborghini's children, but...

From Wikipedia:

All of Ferruccio Lamborghini's companies continue to operate today in one form or another. His son; Tonino, designs a series of designer clothing and accessories under his full name.[SUP][32][/SUP]

Lamborghini company websites

BTW, "ugly" is at least an understatement :cool: