Larry Page Confirms Google Glass Runs on Android; Also Praises New Motorola Devices

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
page-google-glasses.jpg

Larry Page, the CEO and Co-Founder of Google, made some very intriguing statements at the Google 2013 Q1 Conference call today. First, he indicated Google Glass will be running on the Android OS, confirming industry speculation. He didn't go into specifics as to the form or version of Android. Here's what he said in response to a query about how much people can expect to see engagement increment with new products like Glass,

“obviously, Glass runs on Android, so [Android] has been pretty transportable across devices, and I think that will continue.”

This is an exciting, but unsurprising confirmation that Google is planning to connect all of their devices under a single connected ecosystem. It will be interesting to see what cool ides developers will be able to come up with to combine Google Glass and Android smartphone/tablet functionality.

One of the other exciting things Mr. Page shared were comments regarding his enthusiasm for Motorola's next line of products. Here's what he said,

“Think about your device. Battery life is a challenge for most people. You shouldn’t need to carry around a charger to make it through the day. If your kid spills their drink on your tablet, the screen shouldn’t die. And when you drop your phone, it shouldn’t shatter.”

Having just seen Motorola’s upcoming products myself, I’m real excited about the potential there. In just under a year, they have accomplished a lot, and have impressive velocity and execution.”

As you can see, these are solid endorsements from Mr. Page and bodes well for the future of both line of products. Share your thoughts on Google & Motorola's next-gen tech.

Source: YouTube - Googleir

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
Share your thoughts on Google & Motorola's next-gen tech.
Well, I'm still in the market for a 10" tablet. I keep waiting for the Right One, and, so far, it keeps failing to appear. I kind of liked the Motorola Xoom tablets, so maybe Motorola will be The One?

Jim