Storage:Built-in 2GB-16GB,TF card extended 128MB-16GB
Internet Access: "Wifi 802.11b/g Max54Mbps,3G module dongle"
support OpenGL ES 2.0 and Open VG
Video:support 1080P encoding for H.264,VP8,RV,WMV,AVS,H.263,MPEG4 format
Support YouTube,HTML5 and Flash10.1
Audio:support MP3,WMA,APE,FLAC,RA,AAC,OGG,WAV format
Image:support JPG,BMP,PNG format
E-book: support TXT,LRC,PDF,Html,Htm,EPUB,PDB,FB2 format
Playback time:up to 5 hours movie playback time,up to 15 hours music playback time,
up to 7 hours web page view time
Multi language,record function,G-sensor and keyboard supported
Battery Capacity:4250mAh
Product Dimension(mm):182*144*7

info about product here: U9¡¾¿á±Èħ·½CUBE¡¿
firmware here: CUBE U9GT ANDROID TABLET - cube_u9gt_v1.05_f643fb88859152a9f117b58974566fed.rar - DOWNLOAD LATEST ROM FOR YOUR ANDROID DEVICE

Last edited:

Ambipur

Jun 30, 2011
Thanks for the Firmware.
Where do you find the newest firmware for this device?
On the official site there is nothing.

bj2res

Aug 3, 2011
hi guys

i have here U9 gt 8gb

can anyone here tell me how can i update my firmware in latest version?

procedure sir/mam

thanks in advance

U9GT

Developer
Aug 13, 2011
can anyone here tell me how can i update my firmware in latest version?

hi guys

i have the same question, how can i update the firmware?

this is what i bought:
Cube U9GT 8GB Rockchip RK2918 7in Capacitive Multitouch android 2.3 Gingerbread

already found out that there's also version 1.10 available:
http://www.51cube.com/download/soft3/U9GTv1.10.zip

anyway no way to install the driver for the update tool. tried on windows 7 prof. 64bit and xp prof. 32bit. my os is not accepting it. does anyone know how to?

thx

U9GT

Developer
Aug 13, 2011
Got it! :cool:

Driver installation

Important notice before you start: the drivers are working just on 32bit Windows operating systems (got it done on a WinXP Prof. SP3). And now let's go:

1. download and unzip the firmware file (see former posts, I choose the newest v1.10)
2. to install the rk29 device driver: switch off the tablet, connect the usb cable with the tablet, press and keep pressed the "M" key of the tablet and connect the usb cable to the PC
3. now it finds a "RK29 Device" and you can install the driver corresponding to your OS (you find it inside the "Driver" folder of the firmware zip file of step 1)

Running the upgrade tool

Everytime I launched the upgrade tool it came up with the error message: "could not load config file" and after this the tool crashed. I found out that it has to do with the folder name, because it contains chinese charakters. My PC couldn't load the config file, because he couldn't find it because of the - I guess - unsupported chars inside the folder name(s). I renamed all the folders (without chinese charakters) and after that the upgrade tool is running perfectly.

You can change the language using the first button on the left or you change it already before inside the config.ini. And now let's go:

1. Like before connect the switched off tablet (using the "M" key: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...est-firmware-u9-gt-rockchip-2918-imag0128.jpg) to the PC and launch the upgrade tool

2. If you did right the driver installation the upgrade tool will find it now and the headline changes from "No Found any Devices" to "Found One LOADER Device". Under "Chip Type" you should see "RK29" that should match with the field above "Support Chip" (if not DO NOT go on, because your device is not supported and you could brick it).

$Upgrade1.PNG

3. Click on the button with the three points on the top right and choose the firmware image file (in my case: CUBE_U9GT-20110701_V1.10.img). Now you can click on "Upgrade" and start praying. ;)

4. I don't know why, but the upgrade never finds my device at the first attempt. It comes up with an error message: Upgrade Fail, Reason:Wait For Loader Fail. Probably I have to wait longer before I click on "Upgrade".

$Upgrade5.PNG

5. Anyway after I clicked the Upgrade-Button for the second time the tool finally starts flashing the device. You'll see that it's downloading the firmware to the device.

$Upgrade2.PNG

6. After the download it's also checking the firmware.

$Upgrade3.PNG

7. All the process takes around 10 minutes. When comes up the message "Upgrade OK" it has finished flashing.

$Upgrade4.PNG

8. The tablet will reboot and format the data and cache partition. Just let it run, after this it will start normally. HOPFULLY, BECAUSE THERE'S NO GUARANTEE!!! :p

I did exactly like this and it was working perfectly. Now I have a Cube U9GT with 1.10 firmware. It seems a bit faster (opening apps e.g.) and also the display seems much more brighter (with the same brightness level before I had problems to see the kiwis and coconuts in Fruit Slice, now it is much better).

Current firmwares

http://www.51cube.com/download/soft3/U9GTv1.05.rar
http://www.51cube.com/download/soft3/U9GTv1.09.rar

Last edited:

U9GT

Developer
Aug 13, 2011

daleylay

Aug 26, 2011
Please help, i tried to install my U9GT to my Windows XP and Windows Vista, i seek to have difficulty to setup the "RK Device" usb driver install under Windows Environment, i have downloaded the V1.10 image.zip, based on the pdf instruction, i should be using the "Driver" in the zip, however, it is not able to install.

I have tried to Google for this USB driver, but i have no luck to get this solve, please please help...

Got it! :cool:

Driver installation

Important notice before you start: the drivers are working just on 32bit Windows operating systems (got it done on a WinXP Prof. SP3). And now let's go:

1. download and unzip the firmware file (see former posts, I choose the newest v1.10)
2. to install the rk29 device driver: switch off the tablet, connect the usb cable with the tablet, press and keep pressed the "M" key of the tablet and connect the usb cable to the PC
3. now it finds a "RK29 Device" and you can install the driver corresponding to your OS (you find it inside the "Driver" folder of the firmware zip file of step 1)

Running the upgrade tool

Everytime I launched the upgrade tool it came up with the error message: "could not load config file" and after this the tool crashed. I found out that it has to do with the folder name, because it contains chinese charakters. My PC couldn't load the config file, because he couldn't find it because of the - I guess - unsupported chars inside the folder name(s). I renamed all the folders (without chinese charakters) and after that the upgrade tool is running perfectly.

You can change the language using the first button on the left or you change it already before inside the config.ini. And now let's go:

1. Like before connect the switched off tablet (using the "M" key) to the PC and launch the upgrade tool

2. If you did right the driver installation the upgrade tool will find it now and the headline changes from "No Found any Devices" to "Found One LOADER Device". Under "Chip Type" you should see "RK29" that should match with the field above "Support Chip" (if not DO NOT go on, because your device is not supported and you could brick it).

View attachment 3574

3. Click on the button with the three points on the top right and choose the firmware image file (in my case: CUBE_U9GT-20110701_V1.10.img). Now you can click on "Upgrade" and start praying. ;)

4. I don't know why, but the upgrade never finds my device at the first attempt. It comes up with an error message: Upgrade Fail, Reason:Wait For Loader Fail. Probably I have to wait longer before I click on "Upgrade".

View attachment 3576

5. Anyway after I clicked the Upgrade-Button for the second time the tool finally starts flashing the device. You'll see that it's downloading the firmware to the device.

View attachment 3575

6. After the download it's also checking the firmware.

View attachment 3577

7. All the process takes around 10 minutes. When comes up the message "Upgrade OK" it has finished flashing.

View attachment 3578

8. The tablet will reboot and format the data and cache partition. Just let it run, after this it will start normally. HOPFULLY, BECAUSE THERE'S NO GUARANTEE!!! :p

I did exactly like this and it was working perfectly. Now I have a Cube U9GT with 1.10 firmware. It seems a bit faster (opening apps e.g.) and also the display seems much more brighter (with the same brightness level before I had problems to see the kiwis and coconuts in Fruit Slice, now it is much better).

Current firmwares

http://www.51cube.com/download/soft3/U9GTv1.05.rar
http://www.51cube.com/download/soft3/U9GTv1.09.rar

U9GT

Developer
Aug 13, 2011
1. Your XP is 32bit? Because the driver(s) support 32bit OS only.
2. Did you connect the turned off tablet with the "M" key kept pressed to your PC?

The "M" key
$IMAG0128.jpg

Where to connect the USB cable
$IMAG0129.jpg

Last edited:

omninmo

Aug 30, 2011
hey there! i've been eyeing this tablet, but I sort of prefer 16:9 AR so I thought about getting the cube U8GT which is pretty much same specs except for no camera and 800*480 screen :p

do you think this firmware will work on the U8GT? or is it JUST for U9GT? :D

thanks in advance! :rolleyes: