Lenova Ideapad A1 - Comments?

bryana29

Mar 12, 2012
Just joined & doing research before I buy. Looking at Costco's Lenova Ideapad A1 . Wud welcome any comments. Thx in advance. It uses Android 2.3.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Bryana29, welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Discussions section for you. That's the best place on the forum for "shopping" advice when looking for a new tablet, and more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you there. Good luck!

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
I bought one (refurb, 16GB) at NCIX for $149. Considering that my first tablet was a WM8650, I'm more than satisfied with this one. Does everything I want. I like it better than my wife's Ipod. I installed ES File Explorer to replace the stock file system app, it's the only way I could access all the computers on my network. I also installed the gingerbread 2.3 keyboard as with my big digits I could not use the stock keyboard in the landscape (sideways) mode.

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
I have been through two Coby Kyros (the MID7022 three times) and one Velocity Micro PS47 (couldn't load Amazon Market.) Hands down, the A1-07 is the class act. I have more than 100 apps installed, and have had no problems with it. I have learned its foibles, which are few and far between. I have to kill all running apps to get the WiFi to not reboot before I turn it on, which is no big deal. There are many apps that let you do that with just a tap on the screen. Battery life is exceptional, as long as I turn off WiFi before letting it sleep. I keep Airplane Mode turned on, and have a Widget that lets me turn on WiFi with a tap. I have no experience with more expensive tablets (Samsung, etc.) but for the price I have not found better. Yes it only runs Gingerbread, there is no way to use a USB Host Cable, no stereo speakers, and no HDMI output, but I have yet to see a system with 16GB of memory and the ability to use a 32GB external SD card. I don't think you will be unhappy with the A1-07.