Lenovo A2109 Tablet: Forgotten Password

elga226

Mar 15, 2013
Pls help. I am a new user. My friend convinced me to put a password for my tablet. Unfortunately, when I opened it and logged the password...the tablet rejected it. I am sure I logged the password right since it is also my generic password :( Help anyone. Thanks!

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
If you enter the password wrong a few times it will let you login using your Google account instead. If that doesn't work, you'll have to do a factory reset.

Punkroku

Jun 11, 2015
I'm using an encrypted tablet I have to input password twice but if my tablet gets stolen is it that easy to bypass security with. Factory. Restore. I'm mad how easy it is to get my WiFi password there should be. Lawsuit.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I'm using an encrypted tablet I have to input password twice but if my tablet gets stolen is it that easy to bypass security with. Factory. Restore. I'm mad how easy it is to get my WiFi password there should be. Lawsuit.
Yes, Factory Reset removes encryption.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
A factory reset will restore your tablet to the condition it was in when it left the factory, thus destroying any changes you made to it after you received it. Any personal data, passwords etc. will be removed by the process. If someone steals your tablet, they'll be able to use the tablet, but not access your data.

Punkroku

Jun 11, 2015

Thx for that info.

In way that's nice if I had a stolen tablet but I would have Benn happy if factory restore was more difficult after encryption. So I might factory reset and get rid of encryption now because it just slows down my boot and also doesn't display lock text property of....

Is there a way for me to customize my ROM and change the boot splash?

Punkroku

Jun 11, 2015

Hi Vampirefo, you made that kernel for my a2109a I read Thanks for that and the answer here. Do you know if encryption slows down my tablet. I have noticed a significant decrease in productivity but it could be due to installing like 20 new apps.

I want to use a partitioned 64gb micro sd with my a2109 the max is 32 but I heard if I make small partitions I could use the larger microsd card
I want to make a linux swap, fat32 and ext2 any recomendations? I want my tablet to be as fast as possible I dont need any glitter like animated crap fancy bgs. I wont use inverted gapps cuz I use night mode app to dim the brightness below factory.

I need to root to uninstall apps and prevent apps from startup (startup manager app). My kernel is a day before the stocks kernels I found here so its a different kernal I dont know how to back it up. I have screen glitches. I posted in another thread.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Encryption slows any device down, it offers more security though, so it is a trade off.
I don't own this tablet any longer, nor do I keep up with it's development.

Punkroku

Jun 11, 2015
you can buy a working one (cracked digitizer) for 14 dollars on ebay right now with 2 day ship. I can send a link if your interested or you can search for it yourself if you want.

Do I have to erase everything to unencrypt? Also do you have any ROM suggestions?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have no ROM suggestions, this tablet isn't for me, I don't want this tablet.
You can get a better tablet for $78 at Walmart.

Punkroku

Jun 11, 2015
I have no ROM suggestions, this tablet isn't for me, I don't want this tablet.
You can get a better tablet for $78 at Walmart.

=/ If I had 78 dollars I could afford a taxi to walmart. I would need at least 500 dollars to afford bankruptcy.