Lenovo Developing a 5-Inch Android Tablet

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
ideapad-5-lead.jpg

Engadget was able to get hold of some pics of a new Lenovo 5-inch Android tablet. The tab will initially come out in China as part of the LePad branding lineup, but will likely be called the IdeaTab here in the States to differentiate it from the IdeaPad lineup. Here's what they revealed about the specs:
  • 5-Inch Display
  • Unspecified Dual-Core Processor
  • A micro-USB port
  • HDMI output
  • Front-facing camera
They didn't know which Android OS it was likely to have, and they also had no idea of pricing or time-frame of launch. Why make such a small device that is not also a phone? Share your thoughts. There are some more pics at the source link below.

Source: Engadget

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
Looks like a step backward rather than a step forward. Why a 5" screen? Not much larger than a smartphone, so it doesn't make sense. Unless it's sub $100, it won't be viable.

Dec 17, 2010
Looks like a step backward rather than a step forward. Why a 5" screen? Not much larger than a smartphone, so it doesn't make sense. Unless it's sub $100, it won't be viable.

It's a bigger screen than the iPod Touch (3.5") and Apple sells tons of them. I hope it has an SD card slot.

ugoos

Nov 23, 2011
CPU: Allwinner A10 1.5GHz
RAM: DDR3 512MB
Storage: 4GB
Support TF card extend 16GB max
Display: 7 inch TFT LCD capactive touch screen 800*480
Dual Camera: 1.3 Mega Pixel
Battery: 1600mAh
Networking: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Support 1080P Video
3G: External
GPS: No

Bluetooth: No
Work time: 5

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
I think is a smart move for Lenovo anyway. Perfect for your pocket and big enough that it wont hurt your eyes. I'm sure there will be people grabbing this one.