Lenovo Ideapad K1 tablet

thecat777

Dec 3, 2011
Hi, I recently bought Lenovo Ideapad K1 tablet and I have a few questions.
Can I connect an external hard disk or an usb key to it?
When I connect it to my TV, the quality of the picture is very bad for movies especially, even though the picture is perfect if i watch the movie on the tablet.
Your help is much appreciated.

jebadub

Dec 14, 2011
Hi, I recently bought Lenovo Ideapad K1 tablet and I have a few questions.
Can I connect an external hard disk or an usb key to it?
When I connect it to my TV, the quality of the picture is very bad for movies especially, even though the picture is perfect if i watch the movie on the tablet.
Your help is much appreciated.

I just got my K1 a few days ago. Lenovo makes a USB host cable supposedly but they don't have a part number for it and only a few people actually got it in the box. I ordered a USB gender bender from Amazon to try on the data cable, but as I've been reading up on it, others say it hasn't worked. I'm also waiting for my HDMI cable to arrive. My Kyros with 2.3 has a "Display" menu in the settings which I can access hdmi settings, but on my K1, I don't have that menu, only "Screen" which doesn't help determine whether my HDMI output is 720 or 1080. I suspect 3.2 doesn't have the setting because the OS might auto detect those settings now, but idk. My Kyros was mini HDMI and the k1 is micro HDMI so I had to get another cable. I'll post my results when it arrives. In the meantime, try updating the tablet if you haven't already. Settings>About tablet>System updates>check for new version. Keep updating until it says it's fully up to date. If it's still acting up try powering the tablet down, hooking up to the TV, and then turn the tablet back on.

Hope that helps :)

jebadub

Dec 14, 2011
My HDMI cable came in the mail yesterday. Everything looks great on my 720 dpi 40inch, watched Burn Notice on it last night. App2SD does not work due to the way the tablet mounts it's internal SS drive. No biggy since as far as Android is concerned 32 gbs is plenty. Use the SD for all my media. Also when plugged into my Vista laptop and se to USB debugging, I can copy files back and forth. (Don't even bother with LE Tools). Comes with an awesome game called Galaxy on Fire 2 which looks awesome on this tablet. Only real reason I rooted my Kyros was for Flash, but the tegra (processor) tablets are built for Flash so I don't really have to. Might do it anyway to install adblocker and a few other tweeking apps as well as remove some of Lenovo's apps.