Lenovo IdeaPad S6000

edap

Dec 12, 2012
There are reasons this tablet is selling for $250. and not $400. Here are the down-sides: The MediaTek quad-core processor is an ARM Cortex-A7 chip, which means it won’t offer the same performance you’d get from a model with a more powerful architecture like Arm Cortex-A15 or Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 600. And, the 1280 x 800 pixel display is also starting to look a bit dated, at a time when 10 inch tablets with 1920 x 1200 pixel or higher resolution screens are becoming common.

wecaz

Oct 4, 2013
There are reasons this tablet is selling for $250. and not $400. Here are the down-sides: The MediaTek quad-core processor is an ARM Cortex-A7 chip, which means it won’t offer the same performance you’d get from a model with a more powerful architecture like Arm Cortex-A15 or Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 600. And, the 1280 x 800 pixel display is also starting to look a bit dated, at a time when 10 inch tablets with 1920 x 1200 pixel or higher resolution screens are becoming common.

Thanks for the update.

I am searching a tablet for my father. What he need is:

• Screen size should be above 10-inches with wide viewing angle.
  • Connectivity options are important. I need WiFi, 3G, Edge, GPRS.
  • Primary usage scenario is Email/Web Surfing/Word Processing/Skype/YouTube.
  • Min 16GB internal HDD. Min 1GB RAM. MicroSD slot required.
  • microUSB (preferably with USB-OnTheGo)

Currently he is happily using Android Samsung Phone synced with Google account. Now I want to replace his old Windows XP laptop with new Tablet.

My budget is flexible, but the question is whether this tablet is correct choice? Do I need a less costly tablet? Please advice.

darkstar007

Apr 21, 2014
Could you read my 'CV' and let me know if it would be OK for to ask questions of you.I love this machine but i am as you can believe,somewhat baffled.They will all,no drought be painfully simple,but then,so am I!
Did you play a part in developing this astonishing thing?I'm impressed...
I'd like to buy you a cup of coffee,but,living in Surrey,I imagine it would get cold,perhaps metaphorically will surfice...