Lenovo IdeaTab A1000 for $109.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
The Lenovo IdeaTab A1000 comes with an attractive sticker price, going as low as $109 in my searches. Powered by Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, the IdeaTab A1000 is capable of running pretty much any app or game you might encounter. There’s hardly any extra software or pre-installed bloatware and I'm only too pleased to have a budget tablet with Google Now. Storage options include 8GB and 16GB and microSD expansion is always welcome on an Android device. Again, there are plenty of tablets out there with more internal storage, but it comes with a price.Additional details in the IdeaTab A1000 include aGPS, Bluetooth 4.0, stereo speakers, and a 3500mAh battery. There is a camera on the tablet, however, it’s merely a VGA shooter. Although there are a handful of shooting modes present, I cannot imagine pulling the tablet out for a selfie or for video chat. It’s there, it works, and that’s it.
Chances are good that you’ve seen Android tablets with $100 or less price tags floating around the department store or drug store. Can you recall the brand name? I bet you can’t. Lenovo, while not quite as big a name of Samsung, it does give us a sense of comfort. It’s nice knowing that the company will likely be around in a few months and will support the warranty (one year, by the way).

The IdeaTab A1000 really only shows flaws and shortcuts whenever you compare it to another device in the same space. Handing it off to different friends and family members, the general reaction was usually like, “hey, this is pretty cool…how much does it cost?” Showing it to some of my more tech-savvy friends who had experience with smartphones and tablets, the reaction was more along the lines of, “what the heck is this thing? It’s kinda chubby and boring”.Regardless of your needs, the Lenovo IdeaTab A1000 is hardly the worst thing you could do with your money. It all comes down to determining who you’re shopping for and what you expect of your device.