Lenovo IdeaTabA2109A (4.1.1) working slow and crashing!

VisarR

Apr 30, 2013
Dear all,

I've bought Lenovo IdeaTabA2109A from amazon.de five days ago which has come with JellyBean 4.1.1.
I'm mostly satisfied with it but usually my tab working slow and crashing most of apps notably browser apps like Chrome! When i try to scroll down or up in webpages through chrome or stock browser scroll begins to freeze! I have Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean 4.2 which has only 2 processors and not tegra 3 and there never working slow or crash! This tab has 4 porcessors with tegra 3 and works very slow!!! I have done factory data reset but this problem without any improvements! Also i have installed ADS Block but without any improvements too!

Can any one help me?! :(

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Visar

Since it seems, from your description, that the main problem involves working on the Internet I suggest checking out my link below re: problem solving and you'll find a thread on WiFi issues. That very well could solve the crashing issue as they are frequently caused by a poor connection if you are browsing. If you still have a performance issue after working on the suggestions in that thread we may need to consider a different browser as well.

VisarR

Apr 30, 2013
My problem isn't only on surfing in internet! My tab work slow & crash at all! I expected more power from this tab! It has 4 processors with nvidia tegra 3 chipset and works slowly than my Galaxy Nexus which has only 2 processors! I think this problem is based on os! I have installed NFS MostWanted and it works perfectly! Any idea how can i speed my tab and avoid frequently crash?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The very first thing that would come to my mind is that an app has caused a cache problem or a conflict. I normally would have suggested a factory reset but you said it was relatively new. You also can look at the numbers and types of widgets installed as they also can cause problems. It may be trial and error to figure out what is the "real" problem.

VisarR

Apr 30, 2013
I don't know what to do! I add only 3 widgets to desktop Clock, Calendar and Go Weather EX and some app shortcuts. I have the same things on Galaxy Nexus and works perfectly! Maybe problem is in third party apps which are stocked by Lenovo and can't delete it! My wireless router and bandwidth are ok. This problem happens also if wi-fi it's off!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you go to settings _ apps _ all you may be able to select some of the bloatware and disable it. I still think you should consider a factory reset as something may have corrupted the system.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
When you did the reset did you allow all the apps to re-install again, automatically. That could be a problem.

VisarR

Apr 30, 2013
I've done factory data reset (erases all data on tablet) on Settings / Backup & Reset menu and i have installed apps from beginning!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I've done factory data reset (erases all data on tablet) on Settings / Backup & Reset menu and i have installed apps from beginning!

I would have installed the apps 2 or 3 at a time and tested before installing more, but that's just my opinion.

VisarR

Apr 30, 2013
You have a brand new tablet that doesn't perform well, yet you haven't returned it? Only question comes to mind is why?
I have not yet returned to amazon.de! Because i thing that this problem is in operation system and not in hardware?! I have installed Apex launcher pro and my tablet has better perfomanse than stock launcher! So i believe problem is software! Also when i disable java script on chrome, webpages open fast!
;/

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have not yet returned to amazon.de! Because i thing that this problem is in operation system and not in hardware?! I have installed Apex launcher pro and my tablet has better perfomanse than stock launcher! So i believe problem is software! Also when i disable java script on chrome, webpages open fast!
;/

Your choice your tablet, I have no problems with my a2109, My rule of thumb any problems with new device with in 30 days is returned to where I bought it from, I don't like to fix new devices, they are to work perfectly when new, I do like to improve devices but they must work correctly out of the box, or they go back in the box and back to where I bought them from.

I do buy used and as is devices, fix them and resell them. New devices, I refused to fix as the manufacture is required to sell a fully working device, if one has problems when device is new what kind of problems can one expect when device is used?

Anyway good luck.

Last edited: