Lexmark Mobile Print "works", but no way to stop printing!

ardentblue

Mar 20, 2013
Folks, I installed Lexmark Mobile Print on my A2109. If you type in the IP address of the printer, it quickly recognizes the printer if it is on a wireless router.

Under Adobe Acrobat, I hit "Share", chose "Lexmark Mobile Print", the laser spun up and started shooting out pages of crap, one or two lines of garbled PostScript, and there is NO way to turn it off from inside JB! Perhaps I have incorrectly set up the PS rendering. Possible. But the only way to stop the MS310dn was to hit the power switch. Hitting the "X" on the operator panel only paused the print job.

I would classify Lexmark "Mobile Print" as not quite ready for prime time.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I don't know if this will make you feel any better but every printing app I have tried has essentially the same problem. On tablets and phones there isn't enough memory available to spool a print job so there is nothing (no spool) to kill. (I know this doesn't address the fact that it printed junk).

The same thing would happen on a PC if you say print direct to printer. You could kill the job but the printer will print what's in the printer's buiffer.