LG's G Pad 8.3 Likely Will be Launched October 14th in Korea

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011

The LG G Pad 8.3 will be LG's newest flagship tablet to enter the market. We tipped you guys off regarding this tablet a couple of weeks ago, here. We now have a new report which confirms the device will officially launch in Korea on October 14th. Beyond that it is expected to receive a global rollout by the end of the year, although nothing more specific than that has been confirmed.

Above is a hands-on video from SlashGear on this product.

Source: SlashGear

Last edited by a moderator:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
UPDATE:

Initial reviews have praised the LG G Pad 8.3 tablet for its comfortable and well-sized design, top quality screen and speedy processor.
Like the new Nexus 7, the G Pad 8.3 offers up a Full HD display – a clear advantage over the lower resolution iPad Mini. It’s also packing a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable internal storage and dual cameras in the form of a 5MP rear snapper and a Full HD camera up front.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Starting today, LG has entered the tablet game in the US with their brand new LG G Pad 8.3 with some fairly impressive specs. It features a 1920×1200 full HD display, a 1.7GHz Snapdragon 600 quad core, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of memory with a microSD slot, a 5MP camera, a 4,600 mAh battery, and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. You can pick the device up online at Best Buy for only $349.99. It’s available in both black and white. If you prefer to get it in store, Best Buy will stock it on November 3. Would you buy it?

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Not at that price, $100 to high. $249.00 is more reasonable.

I know. At that price, I won' t be pre-ordering one, either. But, let's look at the plus side. The Samsung GALAXY Note 8.0, costs $400 and has worse specs, if you believe the BB website's info. Maybe I'll just add it to my Wish List. Black Friday, where are you?