List of 1.1 ROMs for Viewsonic G-Tablet

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Here is the current list of known working ROMs for the Viewsonic G-Tablet running v1.1 bootloader.

If you do not know what version bootloader you have please read here:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/viewsonic-gtablet-technical/17816-bootloader-1-1-vs-1-2-a.html#post105317

ROMS

TnT G-Harmony v1.2

TnT Lite v5.0
TnT Lite v4.20

TnT Lite v4.30
Vegan v5.1
Vegan v5.1.1 supplements

Zpad v3.0

gADAM v1.2.0

gADAM v1.3.0

G-Harmony-Gingebread v2.3.4
G-APPS

VEGAn-TAB-GINGER Edition

Vanilla-AOSP-Gingerbread

bekits-08-Ginger

Bittrix-Gingerbread-Beta 06

Corwin's Tweaked CM7 Beta 4 (updated 4/5)

Bottle of Smoke a5.2

ClockworkMod

ClockworkMod v08
(MicroSD)
ClockworkMod v08
(Internal)

If you know more please post in this thread or PM me so I can add it to the list.

Last edited:

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Quadrant Standard scores for ROMs:

TnT G-Harmony v1.2 -
G-Harmony-Gingerbread - 1407
TnT Lite v4.20 -
TnT Lite v4.30 -
TnT Lite v5.0
-
Z-Pad v3.0 -
Vegan 5.1 -
Vegan Tab Ginger Edition - 1962
gADAM v1.2.0 - 2108
gADAM v1.3.0 - 1977

Will update as I try them out again.

Last edited:

astevens54

Dec 3, 2010
TnT 5.0 is out over at XDA. BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. It's pretty sweet and worth checking out...

Zonnell64

Mar 17, 2011
Which ROM is the easiest to install? I am a NEWBIE just bought the G-tablet. Charging at this minute. I am not ready for an experimental version. I would like one that is stable and has a news feed option as well. Thank you in advance. I have been reading other threads and now I don't know which one to pick.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Which ROM is the easiest to install? I am a NEWBIE just bought the G-tablet. Charging at this minute. I am not ready for an experimental version. I would like one that is stable and has a news feed option as well. Thank you in advance. I have been reading other threads and now I don't know which one to pick.

TNT Harmony worked easily enough for me. I had to flash twice to get it to work but once you have CWR installed you can flash any of the normal ROMs. I've heard good things about VEGAN but have yet to try it out.

Zonnell64

Mar 17, 2011
TNT Harmony worked easily enough for me. I had to flash twice to get it to work but once you have CWR installed you can flash any of the normal ROMs. I've heard good things about VEGAN but have yet to try it out.
:) Thank you very much--anyone else like to chime in?

jpfx

Dec 26, 2010
tntlite has been fine for me but I wouldn't currently recommend starting with it.

V5.XX is only for g tabs running stock that have recieved update v3588 from viewsonic.
V4.25 (currently the last of the v4 builds) is for g tabs with earlier viewsonic builds.

It easy enough to get the updates from viewsonic but only while the g tab is stock. You won't get the option once a different ROM has been installed.

The reason is the latest viewsonic build has an enhanced recovery menu that would conflict with CWR (if installed) and I understand there are some other significant differences under the hood too. Possibly to the extent that installing a v4.XX tntlite on a stock g tab with the 3588 update might be troublesome too. Once V5 is more established some of these prerequisites might disappear.

comprehensive info is available at XDA.

Zonnell64

Mar 17, 2011
tntlite has been fine for me but I wouldn't currently recommend starting with it.

V5.XX is only for g tabs running stock that have recieved update v3588 from viewsonic.
V4.25 (currently the last of the v4 builds) is for g tabs with earlier viewsonic builds.

It easy enough to get the updates from viewsonic but only while the g tab is stock. You won't get the option once a different ROM has been installed.

The reason is the latest viewsonic build has an enhanced recovery menu that would conflict with CWR (if installed) and I understand there are some other significant differences under the hood too. Possibly to the extent that installing a v4.XX tntlite on a stock g tab with the 3588 update might be troublesome too. Once V5 is more established some of these prerequisites might disappear.

comprehensive info is available at XDA.

Thanks for the info. I have the updated UI from viewsonic and I have downloaded the clockwork mod zip files onto my computer. I was reading another thread on how to install everything but I am not sure where the "Root" folder is located. My Gtab shows as " Removable Disk E" . Do i just place files there or use + and place files in one of the other folders like "Android", "android secure", "data", "com.cooliris.media","cache","DCIM" or "LOST>DIR" This is probably a simple question but I have never done anything like this so I am a bit uninformed and uneducated on where a "root folder" is located.

Last edited:

Zonnell64

Mar 17, 2011
I have the updated UI from viewsonic and I have downloaded the clockwork mod zip files onto my computer. I was reading another thread on how to install everything but I am not sure where the "Root" folder is located. My Gtab shows as " Removable Disk E" . Do i just place files there or use + and place files in one of the other folders like "Android", "android secure", "data", "com.cooliris.media","cache","DCIM" or "LOST>DIR" ??? This is probably a simple question but I have never done anything like this so I am a bit uninformed and uneducated on where a "root folder" is located.

kozmo2k4

Dec 7, 2010
I have the updated UI from viewsonic and I have downloaded the clockwork mod zip files onto my computer. I was reading another thread on how to install everything but I am not sure where the "Root" folder is located. My Gtab shows as " Removable Disk E" . Do i just place files there or use + and place files in one of the other folders like "Android", "android secure", "data", "com.cooliris.media","cache","DCIM" or "LOST>DIR" ??? This is probably a simple question but I have never done anything like this so I am a bit uninformed and uneducated on where a "root folder" is located.

Place the update.zip in the "root" of the drive (i.e. sdcard, or as you see it Removable Disk E) alongside the folders you mentioned. Then turn on the gTab while holding down Volume+ and let it install.
To see if CWMrecovery is installed, boot up the same way (Volume+ and Power).

Sent from my gTablet-TnT-Lite-5.0.1 using TapatalkPro

jpfx

Dec 26, 2010
tntlite V5 has been renamed to TwoTapsX and currently remains at the 'experimental' stage.
Either V4.XX or V5.XX (TwoTapsX) will be mothballed depending on how viewsonic implement updates that are expected to be released in the near future.
So it sounds like there are two paths that viewsonic might follow with V4.XX supported by one and TwoTapsX supported by the other. The 'path not followed' will likely see no further development.

Info on TwoTapsX at [ROM]Alternate GTab Firmware - TwoTapsX (EXPERIMENTAL) - xda-developers

I think we should be aware that this change is likely to affect all ROM development for the g tab. Right now it is important to install the correct ROM based on the current version of viewsonic software your g tab has installed. The implications of installing old ROM on new viewsonic update is unknown. It might be there's no problems but i doubt that, otherwise TwoTapsX (tntlite V5) would not be necessary.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Started adding Quadrant Standard scores for all ROMs in Post #2.