Livemobile.com Market?

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Does anyone have any experience with Livemobile.com?

I woke up this morning and my Market app was replaced with a "new" market on my phone's homescreen.
When I tapped it, it took me to my browser and then to some other kinda market that wanted me to log into it. There was also some sort of LiveMobile.com search app on the home screen.

I know it's my phone (Droid X2), but I have all the exact same apps on my phone as I do on my A500 (150, I'm not going to list them) . I got close to 20 updates in the last 36 hours.
I'm just curious if someone else has seen this or if I need to be worried and start factory resetting everything.

Thanks.

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
I don't know anything about LiveMobile, but I just got informed about 30 apps waiting to be upgraded. The 'new' Market you are seeing is probably the one that came with 3.2.1 - different UI but same functionality. When that happened, I had about 30 apps waiting to update. When I looked closely, I realized they were all 'old' apps (that I got early in my Android life). The updates were valid, even though many of them should have been applied a month or two earlier. I did a couple, then the list disappeared. The came back this morning. I updated the 'manual updates', and everything went well. Then I updated one of the 27 remaining "mass updates", and the rest of them disappeared. The Market still knows I have them, since it shows them as "installed" if I look at them in the Market itself. However, they are not in my "My Apps" list as either "Installed" or "Updates". I posted the previous experience, by no one replied, so I guess it hasn't happened to many people. I would sure like to get the rest of my apps updated, but the only way to do it is to search them in the Market and click the 'Update' button. (They show up in the list after that--at least for a while.)

I don't think it is a problem, just a blip in the Market database. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

- Conrad

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
After I posted the message above, I went back to the Market, and all of the updates were listed, so I updated them all. Then, I had over 100 apps listed as installed (for a little while). After leaving and returning to the Market several times (to check out the updated apps), the list of 'Installed' reverted to 34. Oh well, for a little while I had all of my apps listed in the Market.

- Conrad

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
If you don't set your apps to Auto-Update, and only go into the market occasionally, you can get a boatload of updates all at one time.

Especially now that lots of apps are being updated to be ICS ready. Its pretty safe to set all apps to auto-update, as any permissions changes will not auto-update and require manual update.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
There was also some sort of LiveMobile.com search app on the home screen.

Are you sure you have only installed from the Market? The only thing in the market named livemobile is a chat app.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
I have only installed 2 apps that are non-market: Amazon & Amazon App Store (from Amazon). I had the Market sideloaded for awhile, but that was months ago.
I have about 12-15 apps that are no longer available in the Market (SG1 Soundboard and mostly puzzles for the kids), they were in the Market, but are no longer available. I have all this stuff on since early August.

The "Alternate Market" showed up after an update. It removed the current Market shortcut and replaced it with an icon that lead to a website (livemobile.com/ something - i canceled right then and there, didn't really see the something).

It really freaked me out.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
OK, so as far as I can figure out, Livemobile.com is somehow related to Xbox Live - it keeps pushing games and such.
It stopped putting a shortcut on my home screen, but now I get "Android Market - Improved and Bigger Selection" popping up in my notification bar.
I've dug around and could not find anything in my downloads. I even searched w/ my file manager - nothing I recognize as not supposed to be there. I'm beginning to think this is related to recent app update. I get similar stuff popping up in my notification bar since installing UNO.
I think I'm going to uninstall and reinstall some prime suspects and see if it comes back.

I've never been sure of this, but before I uninstall an app, I should clear the Data and the Cache, correct?
Thanks

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
OK, I got the fine print to expand so I could read it.
Anyone ever hear of Wrappio?
That's the name of the people that want $9.99/ month for an improved and expanded Android market. I really love to know what app this is piggy backing on.