Long play videos on iconia tab?

vknidhi

Jul 5, 2011
Hi,
I have been with my a500 tab (android 3.1), for nearly 2 months now and am pretty happy with its usefulness with regard to multimedia, office documents and spread sheet applications, games, music and camera, social networking, etc. However, when it comes to videos, it plays short videos alright. However, the same formats like mpeg4, which play on short clips do not work with feature films loaded on to it from pen drives or SD cards. Acer customer care also acknowledge the same.
Could someone give the cause and possible solution?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
What player are you using? I use mobo player (free) and can strean an entire movie rip from my usb stick without issue.

wolfganggold

May 11, 2011
same here. I use moboplayer and watch full length movies loaded onto internal SD, external SD and/or a thumbdrive without issue.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Last edited:

Reese1ar

Jul 6, 2011
Actually been using NEMO player to play vids and stock player on Clearfi to stream some. Full movies. MP4 format ripped using DVD Catalyst 4, Xoom profile. No problems with playback. Did some off a 4GB flash too with no problem.

vknidhi

Jul 5, 2011
Hi friends,
I've tried the stock video player, nemo player and the mobo player & the clear I as well. None of them seem to work. The movies run on all the four players on fast forward mode only from my pen drive. When I try to download a movie on my SD card, internal or external, the display warns me that the format is not compatible and may not work.
That's why I contacted the Acer tab customer care and they also told me that long movies are not supported. But, when so many of you assure me I feel there is some thing wrong about my methods. I shall be delighted to have a more clear info about going about it, considering that I'm no techie on this matter.

wolfganggold

May 11, 2011
I know when I downloaded moboplayer, when i ran it the first time, it wanted me to download some codecs (specifically MoboPlayer for ARM7VFP3)...maybe you didn't do that?

OutaDaDark

Mar 18, 2011
I too use Moboplayer, though sometimes I have to long press on the video/film title in the file selector and choose soft decoding (I can't tell you which type of encoded file needs this, as long as it plays!!!!).

Rest assured, full length films/videos DO play right through, no matter what the ACER phone answerers tell you.

As mentioned above, follow the recommendations given when you first run Moboplayer and let us know how it turns out.

Good luck.

vknidhi

Jul 5, 2011
Thanks indeed to all gentlemen who offered tips to me on this issue. Now I'm able to play it on moboplayer with the code downloaded.