Looking at the SYNET7LP, couple of questions

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
I have been looking around and don't want to spend too much on a tablet, hubby is the one who wants one but I am doing the leg work to get the right deal for us. He wants something that can play videos, hook to our 720p HD tv for playing videos, and surf google news or youtube. From what I've seen you can get a youtube app for this device, so if I am wrong please correct me. I think this is the one he's settling on for his purposes. One thing I need to figure out is what do you do to back up the tablet's OS so if you do an Android update you don't brick the tablet if something goes wrong. Next is what do you do about firewall protection or antivirus protection? I searched and saw it's been said that some people don't think viruses or trojans can get through to android OS but I am not so sure. What would be the best for this tablet? The app Lookout is one mentioned, is that one lite enough on resources that this tablet would still work well with it running? Sorry for all the questions, but I am new to this, but a fast learner, I just wanted to have people's opinions on the SYNET7LP now that it's possible to do Adroid 2.2 on it. I really appreciate the feedback, and look forward to your replies. :)